• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America's most notorious abortionist, aborted

• Members

All the online news sources are reporting that (in my words) an unidentified white male exercised his "freedom of choice" to abort mass-murderer George Tiller. What is really offensive is that this monster was executed while serving as an usher at "church", which would obviously be one of those pseudo churches that are really nothing more than satan worshipping heretic posing as Christians.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523581,00.html

Arrest Made in Shooting Death of Abortion Doctor at Church, Source Says

WICHITA, Kan. ? A Wichita city official says a suspect is in custody in the shooting death of late-term abortion provider George Tiller.

The city official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the case. The official did not provide additional details.

An attorney for Tiller, Dan Monnat, says the doctor was shot Sunday as he served as an usher during morning services at Reformation Lutheran Church. Monnat said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time of the shooting.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In regards to the shooting two wrongs don't make a right, who ever shot him had no business taking the law into their own hands, but in regards to him serving as an usher in a "church" I agree that it is disgusting that a man who dedicated his life to sin in such an open manner would be allowed to serve in any church no matter how liberal without first coming to repentance.

• Members
Question:

Is killing someone to prevent them from murdering another wrong or right?

The Bible does address this.

While I see your point; I believe the differentiating factor would be that one might be justified in taking the "other's" life while the "other" was in the commission of the murder, versus when the "other" was in a benign place with no immediate threat apparent.

What this murdering coward did today would be akin to a police officer walking up to the serial killer they've just tracked down and without notice to give himself up for the long hand of the justice, the officer taking his pistol and just executing him (In my opinion).

• Members

While I see your point; I believe the differentiating factor would be that one might be justified in taking the "other's" life while the "other" was in the commission of the murder, versus when the "other" was in a benign place with no immediate threat apparent.

What this murdering coward did today would be akin to a police officer walking up to the serial killer they've just tracked down and without notice to give himself up for the long hand of the justice, the officer taking his pistol and just executing him (In my opinion).

How immediate does the threat have to be? If you know X will be killing Y and there is no way to stop X other than killing X regardless of how much time you have, does it matter if the threat is five days away, five hours away, five minutes away or five seconds away?

This is an argument Christians, and others, have wrestled with over the centuries. What does Scripture say about defending someones life by killing the attacker?

• Members

How immediate does the threat have to be? If you know X will be killing Y and there is no way to stop X other than killing X regardless of how much time you have, does it matter if the threat is five days away, five hours away, five minutes away or five seconds away?

This is an argument Christians, and others, have wrestled with over the centuries. What does Scripture say about defending someones life by killing the attacker?

Good question! What did Christ tell his disciples to do when he knew his and their lives would be required?

• Members

You cannot know that X will be killing Y at a certain time 4 hours nor 5 days later for you are not like God, all knowing, all seeing, all kinds of things can prevent that from coming about.

And murdering him in a church house, there is nothing right about that. Of course its not proper for a church to put an abortionist in such a position, but I would not expect a Lutheran Church to abide by Bible teachings.

• Members
You cannot know that X will be killing Y at a certain time 4 hours nor 5 days later for you are not like God, all knowing, all seeing, all kinds of things can prevent that from coming about.

And murdering him in a church house, there is nothing right about that. Of course its not proper for a church to put an abortionist in such a position, but I would not expect a Lutheran Church to abide by Bible teachings.

If it allowed him to be a member, it wasn't a church, it was a shameless mockery.

• Members
I won't lose a wink a sleep.

I think its sad when anyone is murdered, and he was murdered, remember to murder someone is a sin against God. Sin should bother all of us, no matter who commits it. Who are we to know, if he was not murdered it might be that he would have repented of his sins, but this man murdering him made sure he did not have that opportunity.

Surely you would not want a bunch of Christians vigilantes to take up arms and go about our country doing such things as this man did.

• Members

Isnt it the sin we are meant to hate and not the sinner? Vegenence belongs to the Lord and not the individual. The family now has to live with the shooters decision. There is no way that muder is justifiable.

Blossom

• Members

It was not right but on the other hand, I can see how the shooter may feel its worth the trade to save some babies' lives. The man was wicked and was performing abortions that were outlawed in our country during the Bush admins, although I guess local laws kept them going.

I don't regret that he's gone....but the shooter will have to face the consequences...as I'm sure he is prepared to do. However as Fox News is pointing out, liberals are going to embrace this opportunity to brand us all as crazy dangerous bigots.

• Members
Isnt it the sin we are meant to hate and not the sinner? Vegenence belongs to the Lord and not the individual. The family now has to live with the shooters decision. There is no way that muder is justifiable.

Blossom

Agree 100%.

• Members

What will hurt Christianity more than anything is Christians defending this man murdering this man in cold blood.

Blossom stated a truth, hate the sin, not the sinner, going around murdering sinners is not what Christ taught us to do or condone.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

This verse is very plain and easly understood, God's children are not to suffer as murders.

• Members

What does Scripture say about such matters? What does Scripture say about killing to defend another?

Right now, with this situation, we in America are faced with a situation very similar to the situation in Nazi Germany and the concentration camps. How many American Christians have spoken out against German Christians, and others, for not rising up to stop what was happening? Should they have rose up and killed all they could to try and stop what was happening? Should American Christians rise up and kill those who are killing unborn babies?

Or, were German Christians, and others, right for taking what they faced to the Lord in prayer but not rising up in arms? Are American Christians right in not taking up arms against the abortionists?

I know nothing about the person they say killed this abortionist; whether he is a Christian or not. One thing we do know is that God ALLOWED this to happen. That doesn't mean that God specifically sent that person to kill the abortionist, but we do know that God allowed it. I've read this abortionist had been targetted a few times before. Those very well could have been warnings from God which he chose to ignore and his time finally ran out. It's a shame this man never repented and turned to Christ but God makes it clear that we each only have a certain amount of time (which we don't know how long that is) and that NOW is the time to repent because we may not get another time.

So, what Scripture speaks specifically to such cases? How does Scripture tell us to deal with abortion and abortionists?