• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

No Dogs, Ducks or Dinosaurs in Heaven!

• Administrators

Not Even Cats, Cows or Crows....

angel_dog0
OctOBer 13, 2009 (Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org; for instructions about subscribing and unsubscribing or changing addresses, see the information paragraph at the end of the article) -

The following is by Don Boys, P.O. Box 944, Ringgold, GA 30736, 706-965-5930, :

Today I enter into a controversy that I cannot win. It is in fact, like sitting on a buzz saw: Do animals go to Heaven? Most sensible people, not controlled by their emotions, would declare that our time, talents, tithes, and teaching, etc., should be spent trying to get people to go to Heaven.

Please note that I admit that animals can be fantastic companions especially to lonely people. They are very important to the blind and efficient in apprehending drug pushers. They are often great as watchdogs and often beneficial to children. But dogs don't go to Heaven. Neither do cats.

Les Kinsolving is an excellent writer for whom I have great respect, even admiration for him holding politicians' feet to the fire; however, in a recent WND column Les went off the rails in a column advocating that dogs and other animals will be in Heaven! He was writing from his heart not his head. He was not driven by facts but by fantasy.

Posted at http://www.wayoflife.org/files/94dd63b3d39da5b13281ddadc921a107-433.html#unique-entry-id-433

• Members

Congratulations, Bro Matt, for finding a way to post Cloud's articles for discussion without violating his rules. If anyone wants to read the articles, they just need to follow the links.

I agree that none of our pets will be resurrected and be in Heaven someday - but I do believe (and the Bible does teach - Cloud also mentions this in other articles) that there will be animals in Heaven - just not ones that were previously living and have died. Revelation 19 mentions horses and several places in Isaiah mention certain previously wild animals that will not hurt or kill humans or even other animals.

• Members

This is one subject that I can't face. I have so many pets that I hope to see again after I died. I know there is a possibility that I won't, but I just keep hoping ( I used to pray about it when I was little. My sister told me the same thing, I cried and prayed to God to take them to heaven anyway)

• Members

I don't want to cause you sadness in any way - but I truly think that the animals we see in heaven will be perfect, will not die, and will be so much more loveable than even our dearest pet down here.