• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Superhero boy

• Members

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562240,00.html

When I read this...I thought....what a weird mom. haha. Poor mom, I know she thinks she's doing what's best but I certainly don't agree with being dishonest with a child like this. If he does make it through this (which it doesn't sound good) he is going to grow up warped.

• Members

The grandmother's statement makes me think more on the lines that the boy does know about the cancer, but that he and his mother have made up this "story-game" to help them cope with it in a way that they can and help them try to make the doctor's visits more "fun" for the boy. Not saying I agree or disagree. Would need more info to decide, but I'd be surprised if the boy didn't know at all and truly believed that he is a super-hero. Doesn't sound like that's the case.

• Members

That's coming from the reporter who is paid to "build up" a story to get the attention. Do you honestly believe everything you read in the news? I know that you don't Kit. That's all I'm saying. When I try to read the news, I try to seperate out the truth of the facts and I don't think that this child is completely ignorrant to his sickness and I am sure that the pain doesn't stop when he leaves the hospital and isn't "on a mission". It's just my opinion though as nothing factual backs up either side. God Bless.

• Members

Grandma said something else which intrigued me.

He always told us to believe.

Sometimes God tells children things they don't fully comprehend nor can they relate it to others as God relates it to them.

It would be wonderful if someone could take the belief Dominic is trying to convey and show the entire family how faith in Christ is the truth behind his innocent perception.

• Members

Right, they're teaching him to put his faith in something that cannot help him, neither now on earth, neither later if he don't make it.

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 18:3-4 (KJV)

No doubt he is showing child like faith in that superhero they've planted in his head.

Hopefully, for the sake of his soul, he has not reached the age of accountability.

• 1 month later...