• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Illustration needed...

• Members

I need help with an illustration.

I have a friend who doesn't fully see and understand the importance of the Christian Walk. A typical comment is "Salvation is everything."

I'm trying to think of an illustration that illustrates the truth: "Yes, Salvation IS everything, but THEN.... we enter a whole new life and we need to live as He wills."

I'm blank as to how to illustrate this.

The best thing I can come up with is adoption. The "official and lawful adoption" is EVERYTHING... but after that the adopted child has to learn to live as a child in that new family."

The truth is difficult to illustrate as Salvation and Walk are two completely different things but they are closely tied together. Can't have one without the other.

Any Illustration ideas?

• Members

I need help with an illustration.

I have a friend who doesn't fully see and understand the importance of the Christian Walk. A typical comment is "Salvation is everything."

I'm trying to think of an illustration that illustrates the truth: "Yes, Salvation IS everything, but THEN.... we enter a whole new life and we need to live as He wills."

I'm blank as to how to illustrate this.

The best thing I can come up with is adoption. The "official and lawful adoption" is EVERYTHING... but after that the adopted child has to learn to live as a child in that new family."

The truth is difficult to illustrate as Salvation and Walk are two completely different things but they are closely tied together. Can't have one without the other.

Any Illustration ideas?

Here's a link that may help brother:

http://www.bassfishing.org/thebiblespeaks/Articles/FalseTeachings/OnceSaved/walking.htm

• Members

I think your adoption illustration sounds great!!! The parents allow and disallow certain things...and if the child will not follow along with the rules, there is NOT going to be a good relationship there. There cannot be pleasant fellowship...and will often be punishment...with a disOBedient child.

A child will spend time each day talking to his parents....he will want to be around them....enjoy their presence. The more disOBedient and rebellious he becomes, or just even apathetic, the more strained and distant the relationship will become. Once a rebellious child moves out of the house, he may even forget he has parents! Spiritually speaking this could go either way...either you were never "adopted" in the first place...or you are just so backslidden you have "forgotten you were purged from your old sins".

Good "luck" with this....

• Members

Oh. :-)

I dunno any other ones really...other than the fact that its not just "salvation" but now the Holy Spirit resides inside and its a specific command not to grieve him. Sure, he can live as he wills, God won't strike him dead...but he's going to be awfully sorry someday...and its very possible his life here on earth won't be too peachy either, if he is a true Christian and not living for God.