• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Backslidden

• Members

I used to set up late, watching movies too (before the call to preach) and would be in church tired....brain waves more like gentle rolling hills :lol: too fatigued to get much from the message cuase of my bad habits. One day the preacher nailed my hide on that and said "you owe it to God to do what you can to be ready to hear what he says to you....you ought to go to bed early on Sat night so you can be alert and awake out of respect of the house of God and in anticipation of his message to you on Sunday"!

Like any half-hearted Christian it made me mad at first....but then I had to admit it "you're mad cause he's on your toes and he's right as rain ya spiriitual good fer nuthin, get your priorities right"!

Hence forth in my house hold Saturday night is early to bed in respect and preparation of Sunday. Saturday night 8:pm its get clothes ready, get Sunday's lunch ready, get showers and hit the sack so we're not too tired to hear the Holy Spirit whisper on Sunday.

I never could move is movies and games. He would be soooo angry! Please pray for him and me to do what I can do!! Pixiedust

Praying for your husband pixiedust! :pray

Why not just box up all those movies and games and put them in the back of your husbands closet or out in his tool shed? He can't get mad about it then, can he?

• Members
I never could move is movies and games. He would be soooo angry! Please pray for him and me to do what I can do!! Pixiedust

You don't have to take measures that would anger your husband - and definitely should not!! But you can keep yourself from his sinful media by not going around it or listening to it at all and all the while still maintain respecting your husband as you should. We will keep praying for you.

God Bless

Our solution so far has been my son would go to his room (even home for the holidays) and I would be on the computer or with son. Thank you for understanding. This would be making him very,very angry. Wouldn't I also be in diobedience to my husband? Pixiedust Please just pray!

You don't have to take measures that would anger your husband - and definitely should not!! But you can keep yourself from his sinful media by not going around it or listening to it at all and all the while still maintain respecting your husband as you should. We will keep praying for you.

God Bless

• Members
Our solution so far has been my son would go to his room (even home for the holidays) and I would be on the computer or with son. Thank you for understanding. This would be making him very' date='very angry. Wouldn't I also be in diobedience to my husband? Pixiedust Please just pray!

Quite correct ma'm...disobedience to the husband is a grievous violation of God's order... not something to be undertaken lightly. Perhaps, by your conversation (seasoned with salt) and by your Godly example, faithfulness to church and scripture reading (singing hymns) in his presence etc....asking him to pray with you and lead family altar instead of playing games....he may be won by your conduct. PRAYER!!! I've seen some incredible changes come about through prayer, never underestimate God's hand. You just keep praying and watch God work.... One lady I know personally prayed and was faithful for 30 yrs before God gave her petition....her husband's salvation! He wouldn't come to church....was lost and wanted nothing to do with it. She stayed faithful, obedient and Godly for 30 yrs and in the end....her intercessory prayers and life paid off.

There is hope....never you quite believing that!