• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

USA caves to Russia

• Members

Looks like the President is cutting a deal with Russia. They are not saying it; but I would guess that he's just agreed to knock the strategic missile shield in Eastern Europe in the head, thus conceding to Russia in order to get Russia not to sell the missiles to Iran that they just agreed to sell them.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/17/united.states.missile.shield/index.html

• Members

Looks like the President is cutting a deal with Russia. They are not saying it; but I would guess that he's just agreed to knock the strategic missile shield in Eastern Europe in the head, thus conceding to Russia in order to get Russia not to sell the missiles to Iran that they just agreed to sell them.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/17/united.states.missile.shield/index.html

Does it not prove that this United States of America would sign a pact with the devil himself?

For has not Russia proven beyond a doubt that they cannot be trusted to hold to a promise?

I feel they still would love nothing better than to bury us.

"We will bury you!" Nikita Khrushchev, November 18, 1956.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_will_bury_you

• Members

Whatever the reason for this, it's really nothing new. As Scripture says, there is nothing new under the sun. Governments have always operated in this manner.

The whole idea of an American missile shield was just a proposal. The option was always open to end the idea or to barter it off.

If any such shield is needed, the Europeans can establish it themselves. It's long past time the Europeans stop acting like little children and take care of themselves. There is no reason America should be their security blanket; pour out billions of dollars and take the bulk of the risk in providing for their defense.

It might be wise for Americans to reconsider history. Rome was the mightiest nation/empire at the time she was brought to her knees and Rome was sacked. Today, America is in a very similar situation as was Rome at that time. America is flooded with foreigners and others who hold no allegience to America. The American economy is resting upon a bloated balloon. America can no longer provide essentials for herself. America has her military forces stretched thin around the globe.

Rome faced this situation and they failed to take corrective measures and we know the result. Will America follow a similar path?

• Members

Does it not prove that this United States of America would sign a pact with the devil himself?

For has not Russia proven beyond a doubt that they cannot be trusted to hold to a promise?

I feel they still would love nothing better than to bury us.

"We will bury you!" Nikita Khrushchev, November 18, 1956.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_will_bury_you

This could be very true. Can anyone show in the Revelation where the US is mentioned? I'd like to think the raptured will have taken place long before the collapse of the US. I've heard some preachers say we'll be destroyed with nuclear power and I've heard some say that when the Christians are raptured (the salt taken away from the earth), then the collapse will begin. Any thoughts?

• Members

Yeah, a 5 billion dollar "proposal" where we actually developed the technology and spent the money......okay, proposal. I'll have to remember that one.

The technology already existed when Bush proposed it. The technology still exists and can be used elsewhere or even right there in the future.

Why should America put a shield in place to protect Europeans when the Europeans can do it themselves if they want to and America won't even bother to put a shield in place to protect their own country?

• Members

This could be very true. Can anyone show in the Revelation where the US is mentioned? I'd like to think the raptured will have taken place long before the collapse of the US. I've heard some preachers say we'll be destroyed with nuclear power and I've heard some say that when the Christians are raptured (the salt taken away from the earth), then the collapse will begin. Any thoughts?

Of course we can only speculate here, but I believe America will fall prior to the Rapture. There is no indication America as a major nation will exist any time during the Tribulation. That could very well mean America will either not exist or be a crippled or split unimportant nation.

It's very possible the downfall of America and persecution of Christians will come about around the same time. We can already see the crumbling of America and the growing antagonism towards Christians. It really wouldn't take that much to see America crumble.

America is already vastly diminished in power and influence due in large part to her overwhelming debt. China could cause the entire American economic system to collapse in a matter of hours by simply dumping American debt. America already has to bow before China in order to keep China buying her debt. This naturally means that America can't afford to seriously confront China on a variety of issues.

Russia, China and many others are calling for a new world standard currency to replace the debt-ridden American dollar. This opens the doors for a world currency.

America is quickly being filled with those who don't want to be Americans and many of those would love to see America fall or to at least see portions of America stripped away and under their control.

America no longer has a manufacturing base to support herself. So many things America relies upon must come from overseas that if imports are halted for any reason America will quickly be hurting.

All in all, I don't see America being even close to a significant nation at the time of the Rapture.

• Members

Isn't America made up now of companies whose best interest is served when Americas best interest is not served.

Example, imports of tires recently got a big import tax put on them, yet many companies in America make their tires else where them ship them to America, so its not in their best interest to have this big tax put on imported tires.

But never fear, if you've got plenty of money and put it in the right place, pockets, it has to be the right pockets, your best interest can and will be served.

We will near the country we were in World War 2 when is was in the best interest of every American that the war be won. Those days are long gone and will never return.