• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Letters to a representatives and senators

• Members

Yes, I received the email reply when I contacted one of the representatives. Now I get a weekly form email telling of the wonderful things they are doing for me and Ohio in Washington.

It's sad to see so few on here have copies of replies from congress. I would have thought many would be more active from the comments I've seen.

• Members

Yes, I received the email reply when I contacted one of the representatives. Now I get a weekly form email telling of the wonderful things they are doing for me and Ohio in Washington.

It's sad to see so few on here have copies of replies from congress. I would have thought many would be more active from the comments I've seen.

I agree with you Dave, that our voice may make a difference on some issues. If congress and senate don't hear from us, they'll just do what they please. When it affects their income (and their perks) by voting them out of office, they may take notice. What really saddens me, is the fact that some here comment and many times complain about things going on in Washington and admit that they don't even vote.

• Members

Those of you who have taken time to write their representatives. Thanks and take pride.

Many times I've seen persons here propose this most basic U.S. civic responsibility...to be honest I wasn't shocked to see so little evidence.

I too am weak and wishy-washy in areas of responsibility. Why, just this evening I didn't pull all the burrs of the dog after I allowed him to run into the woods.

• Members

While I do send emails, most often I write them actual letters.

Either way, they are all liberals and I receive the same sort of reply each time. They claim to appreciate my letter, they claim to consider all things, then they say why they are so great for supporting what I oppose.

This is the same replies I've received for decades. No change. They continue to do what they want in sending America farther away from the Constitution and the Bible.