• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What do you do with Santa Claus?

• Members

Sometime I'll tell you the story of when I used to farm (as a teen) and what happens to bunnies when you cut clover fields with a sickle bar on a John Deere. Not a pretty picture.....

off topic... now... back to...
What do you do with Santa Claus?

I don't believe that focusing on Santa is as relavant as focusing on the Lord Jesus Christ. I do not promote Santa but I don't judge people that do.

• Members

Our kids know the historical origin/significance of St. Nicholas (Nicholas of Myra, a kindly man who gave gifts to children). He is actually a great example of the kind of unselfish giving that should permeate the whole spirit of the Christmas season...the Father GAVE us His Son...Christ has GIVEN us eternal life by His coming and death...we GIVE each other gifts. Unfortunately, as y'all have already mentioned, Christmas can become a very selfish time if we are focused on what we are getting instead of what we can give and share with others. Anything which promotes that kind of materialism has no place in our Christmas celebration.

• Members

I'm against him! I simply don't like his face/suit/beard,etc. it's a matter of preference. My relatives forced me to learn poetry when I was a child and recite it to Santa in order to get my presents. I'm sure there are tons of Christians that love him but it's a story that needs to remain a story. I don't see the point when parents insist to keep Santa real for their kids.