• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptists only 400 years old?

• Members

You spelled hysterical wrong

Wow Dave, I was thinking the same thing...........you beat me to it !!! Haven't got an NIV to check, could it be that the SBC uses the NIV and John was a non-denominational in that version? Can anyone tell me if John is labeled as a "Baptist" in the NIV ??

• Members

Wow Dave, I was thinking the same thing...........you beat me to it !!! Haven't got an NIV to check, could it be that the SBC uses the NIV and John was a non-denominational in that version? Can anyone tell me if John is labeled as a "Baptist" in the NIV ??

Off topic, but I've noticed some Christian speakers and preachers will say "John the Baptizer" so as to not say "Baptist".

• Members

Off topic, but I've noticed some Christian speakers and preachers will say "John the Baptizer" so as to not say "Baptist".

I just googled the NIV and John is called "Baptist". My guess is, that the new revision (coming out in 2010), will probably make a change here. It'll be interesting to see. And they're true in calling him a baptizer, but he's "the Baptist" baptizer.

• Members

I just googled the NIV and John is called "Baptist". My guess is, that the new revision (coming out in 2010), will probably make a change here. It'll be interesting to see. And they're true in calling him a baptizer, but he's "the Baptist" baptizer.

Yep, the change will probably be to Jaun...we're moving bi-lingual correct?

• Members

It is comical, but it is serious........What's our children and grandchildren going to face in the coming days ahead???

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_pray:

Make sure you hold firm to you KJBs and have extras for your children and grandchildren in case the day arrives when the KJB is banned or otherwise no longer available.

• Members

Yes, there be many that do not like to state that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.

910. Baptistes
Search for G910 in KJVSL
baptisthV Baptistes bap-tis-tace'
from 907; a baptizer, as an epithet of Christ's forerunner:--Baptist.

See Greek 907

baptizw baptizo bap-tid'-zo
from a derivative of 911; to immerse, submerge; to make whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:--Baptist, baptize, wash.

See Greek 911

Yes, that describes a Baptist.

I might add, for many years the Baptist were all re-baptizers, and would not accept the unscriptural baptism of the RCC and other false teachers who have no authority whatsoever from God. In fact that is how they got the name Anabaptist, they did not name their self this, it was a name put on them by the false teachers who were persecuting them because they would not denounce Jesus true path and throw in with them.