• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

GO Joe or BOO Joe?

• Administrators

(as far as comparing BO to Hitler - he's pushed more things that are reminiscent of Hitler than any other POTUS. Dubya was called Hitler by the left, pictures of him as Hitler abounded...yet there was no outcry)

Isn't that the truth. Just do a Google image search on Bush and Hitler and you get 2,290,000 results. Obama and Hitler nets 2,580,000 results. It goes both ways. The media though is making a bigger deal out of the Obama comparison than the Bush comparison. The fact that people did not know about the Bush comparison shows you just that.

And no, I do not agree with booing in that situation. Even though it is coming from a person that does not seem to respect others views, it should have been handled differently.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

President Obama ought to show respect towards those who oppose him, until he does that those who oppose him will not show respect towards him.

You do not pull people to your side by keeping on attacking them as Obama does.

Its time for him to wake up and realize that he is trying to force something on America that the majority does not want, its time for him to realize that the office of president of this United States in not a dictators office.

• Administrators

JW has apologized. But the Dems never apologize, do they. Sanctimonious hypocrites! Has Pelosi apologized for calling the CIA liars about briefing her (and others who admit they did brief) on "torture?" No, of course not.

Interesting video:
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=9411772&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Something I found interesting was the fact that both Wilson and Hannity have read the bill, Wilson twice, I heard. Contrary to what others have tried to say that those who oppose it on tv and radio do so just out of fearmongering and have never read it!!

• Members

I say we settle this the way some of the more serious disputes in congress were resolved in the late 1700's to the early 1800's. A good old fashioned DUEL (pistols at 10 paces) in front of Congress, that would resolve this just fine. Honor would be properly restored to the offended parties.....
Google it, it has a grand tradition, and I think it's a fine idea. It might quickly resolve a lot of serious problems with our politicians in general. :bleh:

C

• Members

I say we settle this the way some of the more serious disputes in congress were resolved in the late 1700's to the early 1800's. A good old fashioned DUEL (pistols at 10 paces) in front of Congress, that would resolve this just fine. Honor would be properly restored to the offended parties.....
Google it, it has a grand tradition, and I think it's a fine idea. It might quickly resolve a lot of serious problems with our politicians in general. :bleh:

C

clapping.gif

• Members

With this speech, how much respect did President Obama show those who oppose his health care reform? Answer. None, he only showed arrogance. My mother told me in order for me to be shown respect by others I 1st have to show them respect, seems President Obama's mother failed to teach him this, and or he failed to heed her teachings. Notice what he calls those who opposes him on this issues.

Would a duel really prove whose right or wrong?

• Members

Oh, liberals do apologize and this is how they say it: "I'm sorry if I offended any one with my comment". Not "I'm sorry for what I said" or "I was wrong for what I said".
I am so disgusted with the race card being played by the liberals right now. Let's call this guy a racist so we can divert all public attention away from the important issues like Health care. I'm so sick of it, the majority of America voted this guy in but if you say anything negative about B.O. your a racist. Liberals had alot less respect for Bush when he was in office.

• Members

Oh, liberals do apologize and this is how they say it: "I'm sorry if I offended any one with my comment". Not "I'm sorry for what I said" or "I was wrong for what I said".
I am so disgusted with the race card being played by the liberals right now. Let's call this guy a racist so we can divert all public attention away from the important issues like Health care. I'm so sick of it, the majority of America voted this guy in but if you say anything negative about B.O. your a racist. Liberals had alot less respect for Bush when he was in office.

Yes, this "racist" thing has been getting on my nerves, too. At first I was thinking that he was diverting public attention, too, but is it more likely that he is trying to anger black people into rallying behind him without thinking through what is going on first by making it emotionally charged.....like the campaign was?

• Members

Somewhere in one of the articles on-line they said that it was "against the rules" for Wilson to call BO a liar during that speech. Is that, in fact, true? If it is, then, I would have to say that he ought definitely to be disciplined.........anyone know what "rules" they might be referring to?

• Members

Somewhere in one of the articles on-line they said that it was "against the rules" for Wilson to call BO a liar during that speech. Is that, in fact, true? If it is, then, I would have to say that he ought definitely to be disciplined.........anyone know what "rules" they might be referring to?

Yes, there is an official set of rules that govern procedures in Congress. The rule was in fact broken. That is a truth. The problem arises when the Dems don't enforce the rules against themselves. There is a double standard.

• Administrators

I looked at the house rules of conduct...and didn't notice anything that forbids speaking out. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I found this interesting, regarding that ridiculous vote in the House to censor Wilson:

The Office of the House Historian said the resolution marked the first time in the 220-year history of the House that a member had been admonished for speaking out while the president was giving an address. Deputy House Historian Fred Beuttler said such uproars often lead to a period of less hostile rhetoric because members realize that a line was crossed and the public is watching.

On the Democratic side, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., accused Wilson of instigating racist sentiment against the president and sending the signal that "you don't have to bury it now. You can bring it out."

"I guess we'll probably have folks putting on white hoods and white uniforms again and riding through the countryside intimidating people," Johnson, who is black, told reporters. "That's the logical conclusion if this kind of attitude is not rebuked. Congressman Wilson represents it. He's the face of it."

You know, I am just getting sick and tired of this nonsense that these people are pushing that if someone disagrees with BO they are racist. Like people simply cannot have a brain unless they agree with him...

• Members

I looked at the house rules of conduct...and didn't notice anything that forbids speaking out. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I found this interesting, regarding that ridiculous vote in the House to censor Wilson:

You know, I am just getting sick and tired of this nonsense that these people are pushing that if someone disagrees with BO they are racist. Like people simply cannot have a brain unless they agree with him...

To me, it just seems like it is a ploy to get people all worked up and rally to his side like they did in the campaign. It also may be used to divert attention away from the ACORN scandal that is going on right now.