• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bible for Windows Mobile 6

Kubel

• Members

I need a good (free) Bible application for my phone (preferably with KJV pre-installed or at least available as an add-on). My phone runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and it has a VGA screen (some older applications are built for QVGA and don't look right on VGA). I've tried eSword, but the fonts are just way too big even on the smallest setting.

Any suggestions?

• Members

I need a good (free) Bible application for my phone (preferably with KJV pre-installed or at least available as an add-on). My phone runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and it has a VGA screen (some older applications are built for QVGA and don't look right on VGA). I've tried eSword, but the fonts are just way too big even on the smallest setting.

Any suggestions?

Try eSword......

http://www.e-sword.net/links/pocketpc.html

• Members

You looking for the whole works (with the all the Bible study software), or just the Bible text application?

KJV + Strongs would be absolutely perfect. But just the KJV text with a GUI for selecting chapter/verse would work fine too.

I tried installing a few fonts and forcing Pocket eSword to use them, but it seems eSword is using some kind of zoom when it comes to displaying text. Text is somewhat blurry and there are very large spaces between the lines making it hard to read.

• Members

Did you think about contacting the guy who does pocket esword and asking when he plans to have it for windows mobile 6 for vga? He is very responsive to comments and has a comment form on his site.

also, here's a link that might help you determine if you can find the right one for free. Def. there are plenty for purchase, but these are free so maybe one will work for you.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-bible.html

• Members

Did you think about contacting the guy who does pocket esword and asking when he plans to have it for windows mobile 6 for vga? He is very responsive to comments and has a comment form on his site.

Taking your advice, I emailed him a few screenshots and described the problem.

Hopefully he will come out with a new version soon.

Thanks!

• Members

Do you ever plan on making this an app for the Iphone?

It works an awful lot like an app now. You can save it to the "desktop" as an icon.

But Developing an app for the iphone requires Mac OS 10.5. We have 2 macs, but neither have or have the capacity to have 10.5

• Members

While I designed it for the iPhone, the mobile version of phpAV (http://m.phpav.com) might work for you.

Great script you have there. I'm going to try tweaking it for use on my phone (opera doesn't seem to like the fixed width container).

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Guest jckkeith

Pocket e-Sword is a free Bible reader application for Windows MOBile and Pocket PC devices. In addition to the e-Sword application, there are several free Bible translations and Bible study tools which you can load onto your device for use with the e-Sword program. Newer Bible versions and more advanced study tools can also be purchased from the e-Sword site--there are more than 100 texts for e-Sword available in multiple languages. site:.e-sword.net/pocketpc/