• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Oregon Ducks Player Blount discraces Oregon

• Members

Oregon Ducks Player LeGarrette Blount blind side punched one of the Boise State Players after the game, and also punched one of his own players.

He was supended from playing the rest of the season but is still on the team.

I think he should also face assault charges myself.:twocents: What do you think.

I am shocked that such a liberal school imposed a full season suspension.

http://www.katu.com/sports/57345722.html

• Members

I watched that game and Oregon was totally dominated by Boise State. It could have easily been 30+ points for Boise State.

Before the game Blount was talking about how they owed Boise a (but) wooping for the game last year and he came out and did not play well at all, something like 10 carries for negative five yards and getting caught in the endzone for a safety. I can totally understand why he was upset. Plus if you look at the tape, a Boise player ran by him, slapped him on the shoulder and taunted him. The Boise coach grabbed his player and started to yell at him when Blount sucker punched him. The Oregon players tried to restrain him and he got into it a little with them.
After that when he was heading towards the tunnel some Boise fans were taunting him and he tried to go after them. Security, police and some of his team had to restrain him from going into the stands.
I am not surprised that he got the whole year suspended. He has been in trouble with the team before. If it was only one of the two he would probably got a lighter suspension, but both together is a little scary. I heard to today that he would probably been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick this up coming draft but now he has dropped to being undrafted. He could have cost himself millions of dollars because he could not control his anger.
Plus, this incident has overshadowed a good game and a great win for the Boise State football team.

• Members

-edit-
I heard to today that he would probably been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick this up coming draft but now he has dropped to being undrafted. He could have cost himself millions of dollars because he could not control his anger.
Plus, this incident has overshadowed a good game and a great win for the Boise State football team.

Well, I don't know what they pay but I guess he could always become a pro wrestler.
Oh.. no he couldn't, they don't acutally hit to they.. :icon_biggrin:

• Members

Well, I don't know what they pay but I guess he could always become a pro wrestler.
Oh.. no he couldn't, they don't acutally hit to they.. :icon_biggrin:

If the school is smart, they'll punish Blount serverely OR they themselves will face sanctions adminstered by the NCAA. My guess is, if they're smart, will revoke his scholarship (provided he has one) and sit him out for the remainder of the season. I'm sure the NCAA has guidelines for this kind of action and my bet is Oregon will probably give Blount a kick out the door. That may be harsh, but will teach a valuable lesson to Blount and whoever may think of doing the same thing. As far as assault charges, I think they have to be taken out by the people that were assaulted. I really don't know the law on that issue.