• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Says "Fall" To You?

• Members

It was a gorgeous day today! My favorite kind of day: clear, sunny, cool, low humidity.
The things that say Fall to me are:
Brilliant blue skies
Cool days and chilly nights
Crispy leaves crunching underfoOT
Spiders wanting to come in the house!
Crickets chirping
Leaves turning pretty colors
Mists and fogs floating around
Pumpkins and gourds
Indian corn
I could go on!! I love Fall of the year! (Except for the spiders!!!) CJP56

• Members

The smell of burning leaves...and the wood stoves cranking up for the first time on a chilly night...kids jumping in leaf piles....pulling out the apple and fall scented candles...kids going back to school...and starting to think about the holidays!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Fall is apples galore, pulling out warmer shoes & cute socks, warm skirts and sweaters , hot apple cider, the cooler windy days-crisp air! Homemade chicken soup and bread(GF of course!) Talking about Sweet Potato Pie vs. Pumkin Pie with friends at a doctors apt-as we did today actually! Missing my son because he has only one day off-Thanksgiving Day! Praying how the Lord will provide him with a GF meal. He will I know!!! Wondering what my husband and I will do this year. I don't care as long as I know my son is eating well!!! Layering the bed with comforters and quilts so bedtime is soo warm and cozy!! Russian tea!!! YUUUM! Oh and lot's of cuddling up reading!!!

• Administrators

Leaf covered grass

Pumpkins and corn shocks

Apple cider and cake donuts (my hubby loves em)

Pretty leaves (did you know that the change in color is due to chlorophyl leaving the leaves...thus, in death, the leaves show their true colors)

Crisp days and cool nights

Chili

Wrapping in extra blankets, but not turning on the heat

School starting (used to love it as a child, and when I taught - I really think that is part of the reason I love fall so much)

Shorter days