• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can a woman....

• Members

Aren't we not to offend in all points? Wouldn't it be wrong for a women to be song leading if this offended some of the men? Made them stumble? She would be teaching men then--wouldn't she? If not then why not? Isn't that wrong for women to be teaching men? I've understood women should only teach women? Am I missing something?

'His by grace,' That is so true. Yet the mentality of many be this, "I shall do what I want to do, when I want to do it, its my right, I don't care who is offended, its no one business but me, it is only between me & God, God gives me liberty and I intend to make full use of it."

Sad to say, for many its all about self with no thought that it might not be edifying & or put a stumbling block in front of others. We are truly the I & me generation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Offend - Means to "Cause to Sin"

Since it is not a sin for a woman to lead music and you are not "usurping authority", it cannot cause someone else to sin.

Thank you for "rightly dividing the word of truth."

Just because someone else doesn't agree or like it, doesn't mean it is SIN. The passage is speaking to offending, in the sense of causing them to SIN.

• Members

God's truths did & will keep on offending many, many were so offended by Christ that they crucified Christ on the cross.

The closer to Jesus you walk, the stronger stand you make for His truths, the more people in this world which you will offend.

22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luke 6:22 (KJV)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
John 15:18 (KJV)

Have you ever notice how many worldly people have a great love for Billy Graham, of course the reason they do is he compromises God's Word, fails to stand for all of God's truths, therefore he does not offend the false teaches who teaches several different paths to the Father. Of course there is only one path to the Father, it is through Jesus.

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6 (KJV)

If you want the people of this world to love you, all you have to do is compromise the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching there be many paths to the Father and it matter not which path man takes, for all of these paths leads to the same place.

• Members

I think maybe a very important point has been missed in this entire discussion: Why do we have music in the church? Is it for praise? Is it for worship? Is it just to hear ourselves sing? Is it because we enjoy singing those songs and because they have a "good message"?

If the answer is the first two, then maybe those of you who feel that song leader or choir director is not REALLY a "leadership role" might want to reconsider your stance. But hey, who knows, some men may like the idea of having their wife leading the family in worship and praise rather than to be the head of their family as God has called them to be.

If it's for any of the other reasons.......your church should reconsider why it has any music at all.

God Bless to all.

-Futurehope

• Members

very interesting thread.... I wonder... Can a woman be a church secretary? Would that be a leadership position? By church secretary I mean the one who is typically elected to take the minutes of the church meetings, record memberships, etc, (not the pastor's secretary.)

• Members

I think we should follow the example of a church in Tampa, Florida. At this church women are not permitted to speak from the moment they walk into the church until the time they leave. They are handed amen signs that they can hold up during the message. No woman can teach SS or be involved in any aspect of the ministry.

If you wish to hold to the pasage in question to mean that a woman can't lead a choir, it is this level that you must hold to because the passage says that she is to learn in silence.

• Members

If you wish to hold to the pasage in question to mean that a woman can't lead a choir, it is this level that you must hold to because the passage says that she is to learn in silence.

huh??? I simply wondered what people thought.... I'm not trying to "hold" the passage to anything.

• Members

very interesting thread.... I wonder... Can a woman be a church secretary? Would that be a leadership position? By church secretary I mean the one who is typically elected to take the minutes of the church meetings, record memberships, etc, (not the pastor's secretary.)

I don't have a problem with a woman in that role as they excercise no authority over anyone (male or female) in that position.

• Members

Why?

I think we should follow the example of a church in Tampa, Florida. At this church women are not permitted to speak from the moment they walk into the church until the time they leave. They are handed amen signs that they can hold up during the message. No woman can teach SS or be involved in any aspect of the ministry.