• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mangled Words and Sayings

holster

• Members

Two that really get to my pastor is

Book of Revelations (it's actually singular, Revelation).

Also, when someone says "Psalms 91" instead of "Psalm 91".

Good ones!

Another common one:
"Idear" "Idea" mispronounced with an R on the end

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I always hated it when G.W. Bush said "new-kew-ler" instead of pronouncing the word nuclear properly.

Once, from the pulpit, a good friend of mine said, "Well, as they say, hindsight's 50-50." lol

Also, at a wedding rehearsal dinner I attended, the groom-to-be publicly introduced some dear friends of the family, who had spent countless hours decorating and organizing for the wedding, with these words: "These people are a dime a dozen." (He meant to describe them as "one in a million." Oops.) He also introduced his great aunt by saying, "Now, how are we related?" By the end of the night, he was holding a sign made by his groomsmen which read: "I'm sorry; I just said something stupid," and he would have to hold it up every time he misspoke.

• Administrators

I went to college with a girl who said "ideal" instead of "idea."

My dad, who is from WVA, used to say it was time to "warsh and wrench the dishes" (wash and rinse). :lol:

And he still kinda gets hope and wish mixed up. "I hope you'd stop doing that." (still sounds somewhat the same, but sometimes it can be confusing!)

• 2 weeks later...