• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pensacola Christian College

• Members

jdschlopcc, Nice to hear a PCC student comment!!! Your off the campus when you posted here... Am I correct? It's all in the Lord's perfect will and timing. Just pray for Godly wisdom of those in charge. As for the student body, would you pray for Revival among the student body? My son called maybe a little over a week ago reporting 100 student's recieved the Lord in one service preached by a visiting Pastor. Could he be a new Pastor at PCC soon. I cann't help but wonder?! Grace

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From what I was told, by a staff member who is friends with Dr. Jackson, he told Dr. Horton that he planned to resign and was willing to stay as long as Dr. Horton wanted him to. That conversation occurred the morning of his resignation. Dr. Jackson was told that night would be his final message (OBviously no celebration as Dr. Horton claimed he offered). Dr. Horton also gave him 7 days to be out of staff housing.

This is very typical of Dr. Horton. It is interesting that attendance at the college was announced at a little over 4000 students enrolled this fall. That is down from almost 5200 students just two years ago. Many IFB churches are withdrawing their support of Pensacola. It will continue to get worse until a change in leadership occurs.

• Members

Well I know something is definitly wrong there. I loved listening to Shetler preach and was sadden he left. I also liked Jackson and wondered why I didn't hear him anymore. When Shetler left we got the news in our church that Jim Hutchenson (my Pastor's son) was not going to teach there anymore he was the dean of arts. I heard that Rich Tozour who graduated there was told he could no longer go to PCC and preach because he had preached at BOB Jones University and that my Pastor no longer recomends PCC. So I do know it has something to do with the Hortons but really don't know any details. I do listen to rejoice FM because it's the only desent radio station to listen to in my area. On the internet I like WBLW or WOAK.

• Members

I graduated with Rich and he was told that he would need to stop preaching at churches, camps and colleges associated with BJU.

PCC adopted a tetruiary idea of separation. What this means is that BJU is bad and the Wilds associates with BJU, so I must break fellowship with the Wilds. It also means that if your church sends kids to the Wilds, you are bad also.

Not very Biblical, but that is their position.

• Members

Pastorj, I know a great deal about what your speaking. When a Christian College informs others that they won't be King James Only but Only King James. They are making a statement that is well understood in the Christian community but not by newbie's or the "church attenders" only group. PCC is KJO and another school now has made a stand that they aren't. They have also changed their interpertation of the Bible over the years about like races "dating" like races! First in the early 80's it wasn't Biblical then it changed to" if your parent's give you permission." Now that's not what God's word say's?? My God is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!!!! Now this other school also allows girls to wear pants at times. This is a disagreement here... I have gathered from reading post on the subject here in the past. However you stand on this issue... I again have a prOBlem with God's Word saying one thing and then later they state it say's another. PCC's stand on not associationing with groups that decided to gather or fellowship with the NOT King James Only anymore is called SEPARATION! The Lord calls for this when Brethren call themselves Brethren and do these types of things. The new head of the other school is NOT the Fundamentalist that his father or Grandfather was when the school began. Do some real research! You are angry with PCC. I know because you told me so yourself. I don't know what happen between PCC and you but I will say it isn't fitting that you seemed actually joyful in their decline over student enrollment! You should be on your knee's praying for a Revival and whatever healing you feel need's to be done with the Administration! To want a Godly Christian College to fall that stands on King James Only and doesn't waver on standards is a precious gift from the Lord! There aren't many left or have you not noticed?? One major Baptist College is now teaching Baptist Brider doctrine!! This concerns me way more than your acusation that Dr. Horton is power hungry. PCC isn't perfect because we are all still in our fleshly bodies. Yes, the church and the school are combined. Do the Pastorial student's only learn from that church? NO! They do internship's or a mission's trip instead one summer and learn and work under other IFB KJO churches every summer for 10 weeks. I have remained quiet and prayed for your heart to soften in this area. Instead it seem's you are becoming bitter. I'm sorry you feel such disappointment or pain about whatever happen but is this really the way the Lord is telling you to handle those feelings? There is still too much of the Lord's work for you to be His man and desire the fall of this institution. Please remember there are students there serving the Lord with all their heart-not all but do they all in your church? They pray for hours, witness every chance they get, call my home with prayer request for people they are agonizing over! I see more service for the Lord out of pure joy for His free gift than I do from about a handful of adults surrounding me that are serving Him. I'm asking you Pastorj, will you join me in praying for a wonderful move of the Holy Spirit in hearts, changing lives and growing the administration at PCC into a institution you would proud to tell people," I graduated from there and let me tell you how the Lord has moved!" Can we do that along with many of the student's? The Lord will provide the Pastor that the the Church and the PCC student's need. I'm just going to trust in His plans! in Christ, His by Grace

• Members

Great post His by Grace! I went there for only one semester back in '93. I would have gone back but just couldn't get the funds together. I loved it there. My brother teaches Bible there so I get a little defensive when people put the school down.

I happened upon a homeschooling forum not too long ago and they were bashing PCC saying how strict it was and how it scarred their friends/family members for life or how they turned away from the faith because of the strictness of PCC. I agree that we need to be thankful that PCC has that kind of reputation. The rules are there for a reason, to remove any temptations that could cuase you to stumble.

In regards to the Hortons, what he's doing is between him and God. As long as he's in God's Will, I have no prOBlems with his actions. My Dad's Pastor is close to retirement and over the past several years, the Pastor has gone to the extreme right of how he's conducting his ministry. For example, nothing but hymns are allowed to be sung during the service. His reasoning was if he goes to the extreme right, then the next Pastor wouldn't bring it too far to the left. Did I explain that well? Maybe that would explain Horton's actions. Just a thought.

• Members

In response to HisByGrace... All Bible colleges have rules that are non-Biblical, meaning that the issue addressed by the rule isn't addressed in the Bible.

If BJU said their "no races dating" rule was based on the Bible, then they were wrong because the Bible doesn't say that "races" shouldn't date. When they changed that rule, I applauded them. It really was a cultural rule, not a Biblical one.

That was just one example pulled from your post.

And PCC standing against BJU isn't about separation as much as it is rivalry... both colleges have their positives and negatives.

• Members

In response to HisByGrace... All Bible colleges have rules that are non-Biblical, meaning that the issue addressed by the rule isn't addressed in the Bible.

If BJU said their "no races dating" rule was based on the Bible, then they were wrong because the Bible doesn't say that "races" shouldn't date. When they changed that rule, I applauded them. It really was a cultural rule, not a Biblical one.

That was just one example pulled from your post.

And PCC standing against BJU isn't about separation as much as it is rivalry... both colleges have their positives and negatives.

:amen:

• Members

Do you know a simple search on google with words such as "PCC online information baptist" (like if I wanted to know what Baptists thought of PCC or if they were affiliated in like beliefs etc.) would bring up this thread right on the second page? Excuse me if this sounds a bit blunt, but this thread smacks more of gossip than it does anything else. (even if it is factual) If a regular member came on here speaking of inside information within an IFB church and its goings-on many people here would be upset that they need to take their prOBlem up with those with whom it is concerned because they are not available to defend themselves on the board. I know this, because I've seen a thread in the past on OB in which even Bro. Matt did indeed tell someone that very thing. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about us on here........we are not a bunch of gossipers, but I wonder if that is exactly how some might view this thread?? The sheer fact that this thread has so many views and few comments already is a little disturbing in itself. Just a thought.

• Members

Do you know a simple search on google with words such as "PCC online information baptist" (like if I wanted to know what Baptists thought of PCC or if they were affiliated in like beliefs etc.) would bring up this thread right on the second page? Excuse me if this sounds a bit blunt, but this thread smacks more of gossip than it does anything else. (even if it is factual) If a regular member came on here speaking of inside information within an IFB church and its goings-on many people here would be upset that they need to take their prOBlem up with those with whom it is concerned because they are not available to defend themselves on the board. I know this, because I've seen a thread in the past on OB in which even Bro. Matt did indeed tell someone that very thing. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about us on here........we are not a bunch of gossipers, but I wonder if that is exactly how some might view this thread?? Just a thought.

You do have a good point! My apologies for interjecting.

• Members

If someone actually has knowledge of a particular situation and warns others about it, is that really gossip?

I don't know, you tell me. Suppose you came to one of my family gatherings and I pulled you aside and told you all about my neurotic mil, or my one sil who is prone to ah, lets call it extreme exaggeration and embellishment? To warn you, you know.....after all it has gotten her into trouble in the past. Is that gossip? At what point do you call something gossip vs. giving facts for someones own good? How many people have you heard ask a prayer request for someone, but it was OBvious that they were using that as an opportunity to gossip by letting out some terrible secret? I have heard that happen before in women's circles, and it is wrong. Now, I'm not saying that anyone on here has said anything ON PURPOSE to gossip......that is not what I mean at all. I'm talking about what it could APPEAR like to others who might happen on this thread, and how that would reflect on this ministry. Does that make sense now? I'm not always good at explaining things the way I mean them. Do you believe that PCC is guilty of heresy? If so, then that might be a different matter entirely. Right now, it seems as if the conversation is centered not on the institution, but on a certain person's character, and the judgement of such. If I am misunderstanding that, then I apologize.