• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Universal Circumcision?

• Members

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541970,00.html

I saw a little bit about this on the Today Show. What do you think?

As Christians we know that circumcision no longer has any religious or spiritual benefit, but do you believe there are health benefits? There are several O.T. laws that have no legal bearing on us today but have been shown to have other benefits.

There is a lot of debate and conflict about this issue. We believe circumcision has health benefits and had our sons circumcised.

• Administrators

God always knows what's best - I think it's a good thing healthwise. My doctor told us that if done within the first 8 days (hmmm....didn't God say on the 8th?) there is no feeling to it (don't know how they know that, but we believed him).

I know someone who was not circumcised, and he said that all of his sons would be for health reasons...

• Members

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541970,00.html

I saw a little bit about this on the Today Show. What do you think?

As Christians we know that circumcision no longer has any religious or spiritual benefit, but do you believe there are health benefits? There are several O.T. laws that have no legal bearing on us today but have been shown to have other benefits.

There is a lot of debate and conflict about this issue. We believe circumcision has health benefits and had our sons circumcised.

Our family believes that it is a lot like the eating pork issue. We have plenty of soap and water today so that we didn't believe it is necessary for health issues. None of our 4 sons are circumcised, neither are any of my mil's sons (4 of them) and none of them have had negative health issues. When I had my second daughter, though, I went down to the nursery to get her and I asked the nurse why it sounded like all of the babies were crying, she told me that that time of the morning was when the drs. came in and circumsized the babies. She told me that you better believe it hurt and that they are too young to do much else but apply a little numbing medication topically. Everyone should do what they feel God would have them do in this area.............but I can tell you, I made up my mind right then and there. Also, I noticed from the article in the OP that what the "medical professionals" were most concerned about here in the U.S. was homosexual males and the transmission of HIV. That isn't an issue in my mind.