• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother got in an accident

• Members

My brother was driving last night and there was a man slowly crossing an unlit street wearing black clothes. My brother saw him when it was too late and stepped on the brakes and tried to swerve as much as possible to the left, but there was another car there, so he still ended up hitting the man. My brother said the speed limit there was 40 and that's what speed he was traveling at. The man was looking down and didn't react when he heard/saw the car coming so my brother thinks perhaps the man was drunk. The man got knocked out, but he regained consciousness before the ambulance took him away. Please pray that the whole legal thing goes OK and the guy crossing the road is fine.

• Members

The guy your brother hit might have been suicidal. There is a lot of that happening around here because people have lost hope. Another thing they do is throw themselves in front of cars and hope to get a huge insurance settlement out of it.

:pray praying for your brother and everyone involved.

• Members

Awww I'm really sorry about that...Keep us posted. Those people walking around in the dark in dark clothing scare me. I know a few times I didn't see one until I was right upon them...luckily they were on the side of the road and that I wasn't hugging the shoulder.

• Members

Praying. I know that must be a horrible feeling. I almost hit a little boy who ran front of me in the dark night. Luckily, I had my bright light on and saw him. (I always use my bright light at night when I feel I can't see anything on the side of the road, but turn it off when another car is coming toward me)

I called the police afterward because I want them to be aware of the boy in case he did it again.

I hope his insurance will cover the cost if it ever get to that point even though it isn't your brother's fault.