• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A little help here...

• Members

If you have little ones at home that she is the primary attendant for, she'd probably appreciate you cleaning the house, washing all the dishes, doing all the laundry, cooking her a nice romantic dinner and then giving her a full body massage once the kids go to bed.

She'd like that more than flowers or some other material gift I would suspect.

• Administrators

She'd like that even if there were no little kiddies!!!! :thumb:

What does she like? Reading? Knitting? Beading? If there is something that she really enjoys to do and you are able to get it for her, that would be greatly appreciated...and then maybe help her clear the time to be able to spend a little extra time doing it.

One of the things I treasure most is time with my hubby. We are so often running in every direction that I miss him - even though we are together. I love when we stop and just spend some time together: just the two of us, and me getting his undivided attention (and giving him mine).

A love note trail...make up a little ditty for each, with little "gifts" at each - clues to the next location...and the final one being something really nice. My hubby did that the year I came home from my grandpa's funeral. Started out with silly stuff (like a toothbrush and a candy bar - just for something to "have" at each clue). It ended in our room with a rose and the most beautiful welcome home card on my pillow. My son was only 8 at the time, and he had as much fun as I did discovering the treats (he had something on his pillow, too).

• Moderators

I really like the little gift idea all the way to the bed.

My problem is my wifes only hobby is playing the piano. She is mainly a work-a-holic. She feels guilty if she sits back and enjoys 5 minutes.

It makes it rather hard.

There you go!!! Give her more work to do! j/k

• Members

One time I wrote little love notes on a sticky note pad and before I left for work I placed them all over the house. I had them in the refridgerator, freezer, cabinets, shower, chairs, mirrors, toilet seat...I mean everywhere!

My wife was finding them all day long and I when I came home I had a nice present for her and I might have brought supper home with me (don't recall now, this was many moons ago!).

I put so many love notes out she was still finding them a couple weeks later.:lol:

• Members

My favorite gift from my husband to this day-married 20 yrs.already--was a treatment for my hands and feet thart invoved massaging the feet and hand then dipped them in a warm parrafin bath,covered them and then again with warm gloves and bootties. Another time he had sceduled a spa massage for each of us in the same room. Made sure I had a women because I feel very uncomfortabe about another man-other than my husband!--touching me. Then without us moving --ok maybe we rolled over--we had facials. His was really a specially facial message and mine was a chemical peel then moisturizing little massage. Boy was that great because we were together!! Ive done the stickey notes for thru out the day--especially whan he had to travel. He'd call me everytime he found one! That was a gift to me out of my just trying to show him love. You know I should do that for him again soon!!! OH-oh I'm talking to mysef on-line-what does that mean?? Joking! Just know it really doesn't have to cost a great deal to be special. A Romantic picnic!! Anything she's mentioned more than once that she'd like to do with you!!

• Administrators

she'd probably appreciate you cleaning the house, washing all the dishes, doing all the laundry, cooking her a nice romantic dinner and then giving her a full body massage once the kids go to bed.

Hmmm, what else you got? :scratchchin: J/K

• Members

My wife always loves me doing those things.......it is well worth the little bit of effort!

P.S. My mother was a drill sergeant, by the time I got out of her's and the US Military's basic training I was well versed in cooking, cleaning, laundry, making beds......my grandmother even taught me how to croche' (sp?). lol

• Members

Just loving her! Love cost us ourselves. She (as your wife) doesn't just want to spend time with you but NEEDS your attention, care (feeling safe) and your leadership. I pray the LORD will reveal how to show those to her in way's that touch her. She desires to please you. Let her know how she does. Not big gift's but your time and letting her know you have everything under control--she only has to trust and obey you. This really means more than anything! I'm sorry I didn't pray for you before I wrote my last answer. I didn't seek your best and I'm really sorry. Please for forgive me for not praying first and giving you a fleshly answer. Those don't last!! His way's do!

• Members

Just loving her! Love cost us ourselves. She (as your wife) doesn't just want to spend time with you but NEEDS your attention, care (feeling safe) and your leadership. I pray the LORD will reveal how to show those to her in way's that touch her. She desires to please you. Let her know how she does. Not big gift's but your time and letting her know you have everything under control--she only has to trust and obey you. This really means more than anything! I'm sorry I didn't pray for you before I wrote my last answer. I didn't seek your best and I'm really sorry. Please for forgive me for not praying first and giving you a fleshly answer. Those don't last!! His way's do!