• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Google Earth

Madeline

• Members

I have Google Earth and my OS Firewall keeps on telling me that "gusvc was trying to modify an existing driver." My OS Firewall even tells me that gusv (GoogleUpdaterService) is doing this when I am completely signed out of the internet. What's going on? Methinks that Google Earth are tapping into those who do worldwide searches using their program as to hone in on whom they think are suspicious candidates for terrorist threats! :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes: Yeah....I'd like to send a smiley emotibomb at em!

Love,
Madeline

• Members

I'm not sure if Google is trying to be humorous, but I wouldn't be too surprised if this place actually existed.

tartarus.gif

The term "Tartarus" is found only once in the Bible, at 2 Peter 2:4: "God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tartarus, delivered them into pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgment." It would seem to be a synonym of the "Abyss". In Luke 8:31, the Legion of demons begs Jesus not to send them to the Abyss. "The Beast" of Revelation, will come up out of the Abyss (Revelation 11:7; 17:8). Satan will be thrown into the Abyss for 1000 years (Revelation 20:3).

The term "Hades" appears in the religious texts of New Testament times as a translation of the Old Testament Sheol.

In most English Bibles, the word Tartarus is simply translated as Hell, even though early Christian writers usually used the term Gehenna, the Hinnom Valley, to mean hell. In some sense, this dark place matches the term's traditional meaning, a dark pit in which the Supreme God has cast his spirit enemies. However, it is separate from the Lake of Fire, which is the place of eternal fiery punishment that most people think of when they think of "Hell". This is evidenced in Revelation 20, where Satan is released from the Abyss (v. 3) and later thrown in the "Lake of Burning Sulfur" (v. 10), where he will be "tormented day and night forever and ever".

Love,
Madeline