• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Communication methods

• Administrators

My wife checked the log on the cell phone....calls at 2 in the morning. We stopped that.
Then I confiscated a card phone....
Now they started slipping notes....I suspected and stopped that.
What other ways do i need to know about?
Thanks

email? facebook or myspace?

• Members

So sorry, I truely am and will be praying for you. Prayer and showing Christs love to her will hands down make you the one she will want to be with and then she will end up telling you how much she does love you. I'm assuming you are saved and she as well. This is really difficult but pray to see her thru His eye's so you can love her how He loves her. By the way He knows and loves you to and hears your prays!

• Members

So sorry, I truely am and will be praying for you. Prayer and showing Christs love to her will hands down make you the one she will want to be with and then she will end up telling you how much she does love you. I'm assuming you are saved and she as well. This is really difficult but pray to see her thru His eye's so you can love her how He loves her. By the way He knows and loves you to and hears your prays!

Oh no
Not my wife.....
my teenager

• Members

Hmm. Well its easy to mail letters in secret, or pass them when nobody is looking. Communication can be done unless the teen is like handcuffed to you 24/7! haha. Unfortunately! Hope you get through this difficult time soon.

• Members

Heartstrings there are so many ways to contact someone online it is ridiculous...there is twitter, bebo, facebook, myspace, and a million other ways to talk to people online. I am not sure if you have software for your computer or not. If you do not have some sort of parental software for your computer, I would suggest you get some. Some software allows you to see anything that occurs online even read chats between people.
Of course the strong-willed teenager is going to sneek out of the house or say they are going somewhere and meet the person. Basically as the saying goes..."Where there is a will there is a way."

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Heartstring's, If still an ongoing prOBlem...please know al these restriction's aren't my first choice but only after you've done everything else. Please remember there are Baptist Pastor's with Family Counseling degree's. This isn't the time for someone that has a one weekend course. There is a difference! First, explain it is for her safety and only out of love then you homeschool her or put her in a SMALL Christian School that won't release her to anyone but you or your wife and all activites are done with the family. Period. No cell phone, no access to a computer (make sure school's in intranet) and dad spend time with her showing her how she should expect to be treated. This might not seem important if boy's aren't a issue but it really,really matters! Spending time with mom and other women in church serving the Lord. If she's closed off to this pray for a older women to reach out and mentor her. Then, prayer and more prayer mixed with lot's of Christ like love. We love and serve Him because He FIRST loved us KNOW MATTER where we were, how we behaved or pushed Him away. Not everything must be punished but humor goes a long way. Listening as well. We used a timer. Person upset had the timer first for 10 minutes others only listen. Then the next person can have for ten minutes while other only listens. Then we would go to 5 minutes back and forth until solution met. Really great game for home also is a game called "The UNGAME" they have a family version and several others. I found our's at a Christian bookstore.They are actually two game's in one. First one is non-threatening, make's you laugh about what you learn of one another and bring's the guard's down the Second one is more intense because you share feeling's, and really get to hear answer's to question's and ask question's that make you see them and they you in a real way. The website I have on my box is ww.talicor.com Please understand I've shared much of what we did in our family but also thing's other Christian families I know have done and worked for them. Praying for your family! I hope and pray you read this with the love in Christ that I sent it. May the Lord Bless you! His by Grace

• Members

Thank you, His by Grace.
I'm checking that out now.
My son is homeschooled. I have banned him form the computer, all phones, notes, etc.
I hate to be so tight with him but will have to till he proves he can be trusted.
Thanks even more for the prayers.

You may remember much of the trouble we had with our oldest son. We continually had to take more and more from him and almost watch him constantly by the time he got so bad we had to send him to a private Christian boarding school. Our oldest son was a perfect example of "give him an inch and he'll take a mile". At the slightest opening he was doing what he knew was wrong. Sad to say, he has specifically chose to reject Christ several times, saying he wants to follow Jesus but he he doesn't want to OBey Him, he wants to do whatever he wants and enjoy the pleasures of the world.:icon_sad:

Our youngest son is almost the exact opposite. He enjoys rules, hates when he does wrong and actually confesses and repents with tears from the heart.

I pray your son accept the correction for the good it's meant to bring and will open his heart to what is right and true.