• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Can you please explain plainly and simply (for I am a simple fellow) why it is so important to have a published author to quote on this matter?

And why it is so important that you establish a reason for changing the day of worship from sat to sun?

Thanks,

Dave

• Members

Can you please explain plainly and simply (for I am a simple fellow) why it is so important to have a published author to quote on this matter?

And why it is so important that you establish a reason for changing the day of worship from sat to sun?

Thanks,

Dave

I like to quote God, Jesus, Matthew, Luke, Paul, & so forth. There's a pastor I've heard on the radio a few times it seems over half of his sermon is spent quoting other people, seemingly building them up as superchristians for examples for those that's listening to him to follow. And to think, I thought it was Jesus who we are to look up to & set the example for us to follow.

Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you

Mt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

No doubt no one will go wrong when looking up to Him & follow His example.

• Members

Since it has again been awhile, hopefully someone new looking in will know of an author.

The OP is from 2009, where you ask for the quote so as to be able to reply to someone on another online forum. In other words you're necroposting in one forum in order to necropost in another!

• Members

If he is still looking for an answer for a legitimate reason, then so what?

I would like to know why it is so important?
Answer that properly and you may get the answers you need

I'm not sure that wanting to get back to someone on another forum in respect of a thread that's now three years old is a legitimate reason. I expect that thread is now dead and buried and the other person has long since moved on. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Although I'll probably continue to get a bunch of grief, I am still hopeful that someone new looking in will know of an author.

I wasn't trying to cause you grief.
I honestly think that if you were to answer the simple questions I asked you might get some helpful answers.

• Members

DaveW,

re: "I honestly think that if you were to answer the simple questions I asked you might get some helpful answers."

Actually I'm only interested in one answer - and that is the identification of an author as requested in the OP. I'm afraid I don't see the need for anyone to ask questions in order to identify an author (if they know of one).

• Members

Well, if you don't care enough to help me understand why it is important to you, I guess I don't care enough to research it and find something for you.

Sometimes helping people to understand the.reasons behind something can bring the answers you want.......

• Members

DaveW,

re: "Well, if you don't care enough to help me understand why it is important to you..."

If you know of a published author that argues for a change of observance from the seventh day of the week to the first day of the week due to the idea of a first day of the week resurrection, and who supports a first day resurrection with Mark 16:9, I don't see why you need anymore information from me in order to name the author.

re: "I guess I don't care enough to research it and find something for you."

I don't intend for anyone to expend any effort in doing any research. I am simply hoping that someone will know of an author off the top of their head.

• Members

DaveW,

re: "Well, what is wrong with the book that God wrote? He is a published author."

I wonder if you might identify where He argues for a change of observance from His seventh day of the week Sabbath to the first day of the week due to the idea of a first day of the week resurrection?"

• Members

Dean John Burgon wrote an entire book on the last half of Mark 16. http://www.deanburgonsociety.org/Publications/dbs1139.htm This is probably the best manuscript evidence I have read on the matter of the last 12 verses of Mark.

The question you are asking seems more of a question about the authenticity of the last 12 verses Mark not whether or not a published author uses Mark 16:9 to confirm Jesus rose on the first day of the week, because if you believe that the text is accurate, then it wouldn't make any difference if any "published author" ever used it or not because Mark 16:9 is pretty plain that Jesus rose on the first day of the week and as a Bible believing Christian, I certainly don't need anyone else to confirm that.

So if you don't find this "published author" you are looking for, will that change your opinion of when Jesus rose? Do you actually believe He rose on the first day of the week? and do you  believe Mark 16-ALL of it-is the inspired word of God?

If you believe that Mark 16:9 is part of the word of God, then it shouldn't make any difference whether some "scholar" has relied on it to prove that Christ arose on the first day of the week. And there are many more verses that prove this position anyway beyond I Corinthians 16:2, Acts 20:7 and John 20:1, which perhaps I will save for a separate thread.

Henry Morris is a published author that has written many books about creation. Here's an article where he uses Mark 16:9

http://www.icr.org/article/5954/

I'm sure if you do some footwork, you can find several. Took me @ 30 seconds to find that one.

Edited by DrJamesA