• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

After your visits to OB

To which ways do your emotions tend towards after reading this forum for a while?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. To which ways do your emotions tend towards after reading this forum for a while?

• Always Refreshed
    • Usually refreshed
    • Sometimes refreshed, sometimes discouraged
    • More discouraged than refreshed
    • Almost always discouraged
    • I have no emotions towards positive or negative from this forum.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It can be irritating when someone joins for the obvious purpose of argument or to tell us how wrong we are but I don't let it discourage me. After all, they won't be allowed to post too much like that before they are booted.

Some folks can distract from an otherwise good thread by posting in a thread simply to disparage the topic rather than ignoring it and letting others carry on a discussion. There are times when some don't seem to read the OP and go off on something that's not even what the OP was about which tends to send a thread off down the wrong road.

Then there are the times when I really want to post with someone but no one is here.

Yeah, OB isn't perfect, but I still think it's a wonderful forum, I have great love and respect for many members here, I love the friendship and fellowship I find here and all of that is more than enough to keep me from being discouraged by a visit here.

I might also add that I find a great deal of edification here and the priviledge to pray for folks and their concerns is a blessing as well.

I usually leave OB feeling pretty much the same, but I many times get refreshed or discouraged, also.
I guess my vote will be "Sometimes refreshed, sometimes discouraged".
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

All in all, I don't know that these emotions necessarily apply to me. I don't really get discouraged, but sometimes I get a little annoyed at some of the posts - I'm sure we all do. I will say it is at times refreshing to see and hear that there are still conservative christians holding true to the foundations of God's word (the KJV for us English speaking people) and not wavering in this wishy-washy world. I enjoy the fellowship and prayers of other christians who share the same beliefs that I do and enjoy being challenged to study deeper truths of God's word when someone posts "questionable topics". It's not so much emotion for me, but I do really enjoy OB - even when we disagree; after all, who is perfect and has all the answers?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

At one time it was very refreshing to read post, to reply to post, but is it really that way now?

There be to many itching liberal ears present who want their ears to hear only their opinion, and if your opinion differs your uncaring, you have no compassion, no love for your brothers and sisters in Christ.

At one time it was very refreshing to read post, to reply to post, but is it really that way now?

There be to many itching liberal ears present who want their ears to hear only their opinion, and if your opinion differs your uncaring, you have no compassion, no love for your brothers and sisters in Christ.

So...your answer was? :wink

On a side note, I am really glad there is no grammar check tool on the site. It makes it that much more entertaining. :Bleh

There are people who stand on the word and you can trust for bibilicall answerers and prayer. Problem for me is I'm running out of topics to read! Rally wonderful place when disabled and cann't just get out of the house. :clap:

• Members

I think, generally, the "liberals" tend to have much better attitudes towards disagreement than the ultra "conservatives."

• Members

The liberals tolerate everything but fundelmentalism. I have noticed the tolerant people get much less tolerant when things are being said they don't agree with. I am not tolerant of all views. So I don't try to put on this fake attitude of tolerance. Most liberals go from tolerance to full on embracing. Look at the emergent gurus Mclaren, Rob Bell, and others who a few years ago just said have tolerance towards homosexuals. Now they tell us it is ok and embrace it. The liberal uses emotion to get what they want. What they want is everyone believing what they believe. They are not tolerant or nice. They refuse to tell the lost the whole gospel but just tell the sweet parts. Not very loving to the lost.

• Members

You are defining what I would consider to be a "true" liberal. Someone who doesn't take the Bible literally and rely on it solely for doctrine but also include emotions and cultural relevance. So I would agree with your post.

I think Jerry, however, was referring more to those of us who don't hold to the standards and traditions that he does as being "liberals." Typically, those who are more "liberal," in his view, are the ones who tend to be more open to other views around the board, including not attacking those who are more conservative.

• Members
The liberals tolerate everything but fundelmentalism. I have noticed the tolerant people get much less tolerant when things are being said they don't agree with. I am not tolerant of all views. So I don't try to put on this fake attitude of tolerance. Most liberals go from tolerance to full on embracing. Look at the emergent gurus Mclaren' date=' Rob Bell, and others who a few years ago just said have tolerance towards homosexuals. Now they tell us it is ok and embrace it. The liberal uses emotion to get what they want. What they want is everyone believing what they believe. They are not tolerant or nice. They refuse to tell the lost the whole gospel but just tell the sweet parts. Not very loving to the lost.[/quote']

Your right, but the liberals do not see self as they really are and never will.

Kind of like the one I got an email from, they told me about all of their good qualities and what a wonderful person they were and told me about all of my bad qualities and just how sorry of a person that I am.