• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

After your visits to OB

To which ways do your emotions tend towards after reading this forum for a while?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. To which ways do your emotions tend towards after reading this forum for a while?

• Always Refreshed
    • Usually refreshed
    • Sometimes refreshed, sometimes discouraged
    • More discouraged than refreshed
    • Almost always discouraged
    • I have no emotions towards positive or negative from this forum.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm usually always refreshed. Even when there are responses here that I disagree with it's refreshing to me to look things up in the Bible to ground my beliefs even further. It's refreshing that God can use a difference in opinion to show us more truth if we will search His word for the answer.

I especially love reading the posts about raising kids as it is something I'll be doing in a matter of days/weeks now. I'm going to need all the help I can get and it's really refreshing to see other parents with supportive and constructive ideas.

I love OB! :wvlf" (and the little leaf too! :smile )

• Members

I'm more neutral. I get discouraged by my family (and the news) and myself, and get refreshed by my real life christian friends

But when I am on the board, I know everyone have their own opinion and sometimes people bring their personal lives to the board, you know, have an attitude and such, and it sort of get tense. I do that sometimes when I don't mean to so that's why I am more neutral now than I used to be. I do get discouraged when people take the board too personal

• Administrators

I chose usually refreshed. I enjoy getting on here and catching up with other members. I do get frustrated with some posts, and mad at others. I try, however, to not let it bother me to the point where I don't want to interact with others. Sometimes I will sign off and think I'm done, because of a particular thread that is just upsetting. But then I begin to miss it...

I would say that I am both optimistic and pessimistic...depending on what day it is. :lol:

I don't think there are any mainline new evangelicals here. :puzzled:

I said sometimes discouraged and sometimes refreshed. Maybe leaning more towards discouraged at times.

It's possible he could be referring to news articles and such.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I voted "Usually refreshed".

There are some great folks here and most often I find good fellowship and friendship. It's great to have such a place to go where I'm surrounded by Christians and such related topics rather than the pollution so prevelant elsewhere.

I'm more of a realist than a pessimist or optimist. That said, trusting in Christ I KNOW all things will work out for good so there is no need to be depressed.

I love OB and my brothers and sisters in Christ here!!!

• Members

I wished Jerry was back, he was refreshing , I know the Lord is refreshing, no doubt about that but when I needed an answer about the bible that I am confused, he seemed to help me. Other people do too.

did you mean debates on politics or the bible? There are people here who are not IFB but hang out on this board. It become a problem because it seem like we are debating when it is really IFB vs. non-IFB (difference in opinions, that is)

• Members
I wished Jerry was back, he was refreshing , I know the Lord is refreshing, no doubt about that but when I needed an answer about the bible that I am confused, he seemed to help me. Other people do too.

did you mean debates on politics or the bible? There are people here who are not IFB but hang out on this board. It become a problem because it seem like we are debating when it is really IFB vs. non-IFB (difference in opinions, that is)

Bro Matt created an IFB-only section so that IFB folks could have discussions and such among themselves.