• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I need some help looking for resources about woman preachers

• Members

I don't think you're going to find anything that says that women shouldn't be preachers. Every Christian, whether man, woman or child is supposed to proclaim the gospel.

There is Biblical support for why a woman should not have a position of authority within the Church, over a male.

• Members

I mean the authority of a man in church.

Please look at I Timothy chapter 3. Paul is writing to Timothy and giving him clear instructions on the qualifications of bishops (or overseer, elder or pastor) and deacons. Both of these positions have extensive requirements. This is from the King James Bible......they are to be the husband of one wife. Now the way I see it, a woman can't be the husband of one wife, at least by a saved persons standards. The NIV (Non Inspired Version), takes "gender" out of the scripture and this is one of the many places "we Baptist fundamentalists, draw the line". Many references, such as women are to be silent during the business of the church, women are to be teachers of the younger women, etc. The King James Bible is very clear that the woman is not to have authority over the man, yet the man is supposed to love his wife as Christ loved the Church. If we men loved our wives as Christ loved the Church, I dare say there would be many women even wanting to seek such a position. I have failed miserably at being what I need to be for my wife. But she still knows her place and I thank God for my Godly wife.

• Members

No, a woman cannot be preacher or pastor, they cannot be the husband of one wife. So any church that does this is not following God. If a woman stood behind the pulpit to preach, I would get up and walk out and I would not step foot in a church that supported such a thing.

1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
1 Tim 3:1-7 (KJV)

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Titus 1:6-10 (KJV)

• Members

Thanks Jerry
I just can't believe Satan has so many blinded by this that people is saying I am in a cult. I am not in a cult I am going abiding by the Bible.

Karrie

People are saying you're in a cult because you base a personal doctrine on the Bible! I wonder what they would say if you asked them who Christ is?

• Members

Thanks Jerry
I just can't believe Satan has so many blinded by this that people is saying I am in a cult. I am not in a cult I am going abiding by the Bible.

Karrie

Karrie, Amazing, saying your in a cult because your in a church that does not allow women preachers and or pastors, holding to the teachings of the New Testament.

No doubt old Satan and his friends are working overtime against our Savior and His Father. But of course from the beginning its been this way, but it seems to be waxing worse.

• Members

Karrie, Amazing, saying your in a cult because your in a church that does not allow women preachers and or pastors, holding to the teachings of the New Testament.

No doubt old Satan and his friends are working overtime against our Savior and His Father. But of course from the beginning its been this way, but it seems to be waxing worse.

Yes I agree with this.that Satan is at work more and more.
People needs prayers
Karrie

• Members

A friend of mine, his wife's parents went to a Holiness church with TWO women preachers who would preach at the same time! My goodness. They'd scream at the crowd about how your going to hell if you watch TV or if the women wore pantyhose or if they wore opened toed shoes. "No shows, no toes and no hoses" was their motto.

• Members

A friend of mine, his wife's parents went to a Holiness church with TWO women preachers who would preach at the same time! My goodness. They'd scream at the crowd about how your going to hell if you watch TV or if the women wore pantyhose or if they wore opened toed shoes. "No shows, no toes and no hoses" was their motto.

:lol:

I apologize, but that was funny!

Its so sad at the state of despair many churches are in, they do nothing but mock our precious Savior and His Father.

• Administrators

KJVK - the Bible tells us that God is not the author of confusion. And confusion is what you get when a woman usurps the auhtority of a man in the church (and in the home!).

One of my grandpa's was a holiness preacher. Towards the end of his life, he spent more time studying the Bible - before that it was usually just select passages...It was amazing to talk with him. He was actually sounding more like an IFB!!! At the time, he was no longer pastoring and was rarely able to get to church. The "pastor" at his church was a woman. And she was a hum-dinger, let me tell you! Through his studying, he began to realize just how unscriptural it is for a woman to be a pastor...and that was with his one of his daughters-in-law being a "preacher."

Being a witness for Christ is not the same thing as being a preacher. My grandpa and many holiness people try to say that Mary Magdalene was the first evangelist because she ran to tell the disciples that Jesus was risen. That gave them room to claim women could be evangelists. They were not speaking of people witnessing for Christ, but rather going around and "preaching." The interesting thing is, very few holiness preachers, male of female, preach Christ.

• Members

Oh my.

That's disturbing...

Some good Scriptures regarding this issue (women "preachers") are 1 Timothy 2 (the latter verses), 1 Corinthians 11:3, 1 Corinthians 14:34, and the qualifications for pastors/deacons, which specifically state that they have to be the husband of one wife.
God bless,
Crushmaster.