• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Time Period of Dinosaurs

• Members

About as much love in my post as yours, maybe more as I am attempting to speak the truth in love, not just sidestep difficult issues (which I hope you would not do as well). You are entitled to your opinion, but don't be upset because others disagree with you.

Since we don't know each other well, it might be best not to assume. I think you're misinterpreting the tenor of my typing. Is "don't be upset" a way of saying don't go away mad? I wasn't angry. Send me a PM if you need me to explain further. I don't sidestep personal afront and I hope you don't as well. I go right to the Lord and get it right between myself and others including you.

Genesis 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

1 Samuel 24:12 The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A huge bull elephant does fit the description of 'behemoth'. If you would care to do a little research, on their physiology, diet and behaviour, and not be so closed minded, you would see this to be true. As to the "leviathan", it's possibly a crocodile....and a crocodile really can be considered a type of dinosaur. Both of these animals once lived in the middle east. But neither you nor I KNOW for certain what either of these animals were do we? Of course not.

The tail of a bull elephant does not move like a cedar. Cedars certainly wave in the wind, but they do it very stiffly. An elephants tail moves losely like a rope and can turn easily a full 180 degrees or more. Yet again, your "evidence is rediculously wrong". Why is it so hard for you to see that it is describing a dinosaur and that men and dinosaurs were created the same day??

• 11 months later...
  • Members

It's a good article. But I have quoted an excerpt below. Whether one believes dinos lived after the flood or not, the thing that gets me is the exaggerations and wording that some use in these arguments; for instance:

The phrase ‘chief of the ways of God’ suggests this was the largest land
animal God had made.
Really? "chief of the ways.." referrs to size?

... since the tail of behe moth is com pared to the large cedar tree
(verse 17).
Yes, and the comparison is to the movement of a cedar tree.

Now an elephant’s tiny tail....Clearly the elephant......could not possibly be ‘behemoth.’
Really? A full grown bull elephant's tail can be four FEET long and weigh in at 22 lbs. But that is tiny? BTW, the animal described in the book of JOB is a male.

A full grown bull African elephant does fit the description of the Biblical behemoth in every single detail. But I'm not going to emphatically say "Behemoth was an elephant" and I'm not going to exaggerate by using slanted language like "tiny tail" and leave off important BIBLE words like "Moveth" from my argument to make it sound more plausible. An elephant's tail is NOT tiny and the Bible says "moveth" like a cedar...not "Like" a cedar. Edited by heartstrings

• Members

It's a good article. But I have quoted an excerpt below. Whether one believes dinos lived after the flood or not, the thing that gets me is the exaggerations and wording that some use in these arguments; for instance:

Really? "chief of the ways.." referrs to size?

Yes, and the comparison is to the movement of a cedar.

Really? A full grown bull elephant's tail can be four FEET long and weigh in at 22 lbs. But that is tiny? BTW, the animal described in the book of JOB is a male. I big boy.

A full grown bull African elephant does fit the description of the Biblical behemoth in every single detail. But I'm not going to emphatically say "Behemothe was an elephant" and I'm not going to lie to schoolchildren and exaggerate by using slanted language like "tiny tail" and leave off important words like "Moveth" inb my argument to make it sound more plausible. An elephant's tail is NOT tiny and the Bible says "MOveth" like a cedar...not "Like" a cedar.

Relative to his size, an elephants tail is small. Even at four feet, an elephants tail is small in circumfrence. Also, when an elephant moves its tail, it's not in the manner of movement like a cedar moves.

Myself, I don't see how an elephant could possibly fit the biblical example.

• Members

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/peru-tomb-art.htm

Dinosaur Art From Ancient Tombs In Peru
Amazing evidence that dinosaurs and humans coexisted.

John,
Precolumbian artifacts are being faked have been for years. That, my friend, is a known fact.
Are you sure those 'dino' artifacts are real? I'm not.

• Members

Relative to his size, an elephants tail is small. Even at four feet, an elephants tail is small in circumfrence. Also, when an elephant moves its tail, it's not in the manner of movement like a cedar moves.

Myself, I don't see how an elephant could possibly fit the biblical example.

So what about his size. If you were standing next to JUmbo and he swished his 22 lb tail at a fly and hit you upside the head....I bet you would change your tune :)

I was watching a big pine tree out in my yard during a tropical storm and you know how it moved? It went back and forth as the gusts of wind hit it. HOnestly man, the Bible only says it "MOVES" like a cedar. Anything else, even size, is purely speculation. You can no more say it was a dino than I can an elephant.
We simply don't know what it was. Why say it was a dino when you really just don't know?

• Members

John,
Precolumbian artifacts are being faked have been for years. That, my friend, is a known fact.
Are you sure those 'dino' artifacts are real? I'm not.

There are examples from other areas of the world as well.

I don't understand why it would seem odd that dinosaurs and humans lived on the earth together. Scripture is clear when everything was created and all of original creation lived together for some time.

• Members

There are examples from other areas of the world as well.

I don't understand why it would seem odd that dinosaurs and humans lived on the earth together. Scripture is clear when everything was created and all of original creation lived together for some time.

Why can't folks just beleive what the Bible says, by faith, and stop trying to prove it with sketchy "facts"? And why must they try to make the Bible say something it doesn't?

• Members

Why can't folks just beleive what the Bible says, by faith, and stop trying to prove it with sketchy "facts"? And why must they try to make the Bible say something it doesn't?

The Bible says all creatures were created during the first six days and all lived in harmony until the Fall. All creation would have included the dinosaurs, dodo birds, bison, cardinals, lions, goats, man and the rest.

• Members

The Bible says all creatures were created during the first six days and all lived in harmony until the Fall. All creation would have included the dinosaurs, dodo birds, bison, cardinals, lions, goats, man and the rest.

Yes, but we do not know what the "behemoth" was. Why say "it was a dinosaur" when you don't know and the Bible doesn't say?

• Members

Yes, but we do not know what the "behemoth" was. Why say "it was a dinosaur" when you don't know and the Bible doesn't say?

Here is something I located:

JOB 40:15-24 (King James Version)

15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together . 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play . 21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about . 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares