• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

FALSE Worship

• Members

I visited a Baptist church today only to be surprised and disturbed at how they have a female Pastor known as Pastor Nancy. Not only that... found in their church pamphlet reads "Call to Worship", and directly underneath it reads:

The earth is at the same time mother,

she is mother of all that is natural, mother of all that is human.

She is the mother of all, for contained in her are the seeds of all.

All creation comes from it.

Yet it forms not only the basic raw material for humankind,

but also the substance of the Incarnation of God's son.

(Hildegard of Bingen, 12th C.)

Btw, Hildegard of Bingen is a Catholic Nun. First of all, the earth is not a mother like the pagan concept of mother earth. Secondly, The Lord God Almighty is the source or origin of ALL creation, not the earth.

"The Word of God" Revelation 3:14 - And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning (Source of Origin) of the creation (ALL CREATION) of God

I wanted to puke when I read the pamphlet. I left the church and prayed that the hand of God's chastising judgment would fall upon this church. It's sooo difficult to find a biblical church these days. So sad....

"The Word of God" - 2 Timothy 4:3,4 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Love,

Madeline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Madeline,
There are other instances of false worship recorded in Scripture and it is recorded God will not accept just any worship that is not in line with His dictates.

There is the offering of Cain in Genesis 4:3-5,
"And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. And Abel, he also brought of the firstling of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect..."

There is the offering of Nadab and Abihu in Leviticus 10:1,
"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not."

There are other instances where God has spoken and commanded what is acceptable and what is not. Jeremiah 10:2 God said to learn not the ways of the heathen, I Thess. 5:21 He said to prove all things and hold fast to that which is good, I John 5:21 He tells us to keep ourselves from idols, Exodus 23:2 says not follow a multitude to do evil, Mark 7:7,13 He says there is worship which is vain and makes the Word of God of no effect.

The world just celebrated the birth of Jesus which has no reference to do so in Scripture. It is known all aspects of Christmas come from paganism and His Word tells us to touch not the unclean thing (II Corinthians 6:17). Americans spend 450 billion dollars a year in the celebration on this idol of Christmas after God specifically told us not to learn the ways of the heathen and neither Jesus or His apostles or the New Testament church ever were known to do.

It is a mystery to me why Independent, Fundamental Baptists often say the Bible is the last word in our worship and yet go outside Scripture to worship in a way which God has clearly commanded us not to do.

• Members

Jude condemns the great examples of false worship:
Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

3 forms of false worship are indicated there:

Cain's worship was from an evil heart;

Balaam taught that worship was pleasure, rather than a solemn approach to a Holy God:
Num 25:1

• Members

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

False worship is not accepted by God, people who do such are actually wasting their time for they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.

Throughout this area, as little as 30 years ago you could have walked into almost any church which had Baptist on the outside of it and would have been fairly safe, but sad to say, that is not true any more.

• Members

A few years ago, my wife and I visited a baptist church a few miles from here. During communion, the minister said "The Lord's Supper is the oldest christian tradition." While I was pondering this statement, I missed the next one so I do not know his actual words were, but my wife whispered "He believes in transubstantiation."

After the service she said "I didn't know you baptists believe in transubstantiation." He replied, "You live and learn."

• Members

A lot of your American Baptist (formerly Northern Baptist) churches have women preachers. I also visited one once that, though the pastor's wife wasn't officially the pastor, she was called pastor. It was a charismatic Baptist church.
These were formly Northern Baptist? Those darn yankee's mess up everything! :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest jackportd

recently my friend and i went to church nearest to my home and during reaching at there he talk me about pray to God so i could not understand that, He is so lazy man and nothing work to be reach, And just pray to God for going up, So how like this is that possible to be?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

recently my friend and i went to church nearest to my home and during reaching at there he talk me about pray to God so i could not understand that, He is so lazy man and nothing work to be reach, And just pray to God for going up, So how like this is that possible to be?

I know that alot about church can be really strange to someone that is new. The reason he said that is as Christians we place our trust in Jesus Christ who died and gave Himself for us because He knew that we could not be perfect.

• Members

In our area, we had a church posing as an IFB church that finally changed its name to omit Baptist, then went on to join the Southern Baptists. I wish people would do the same. If you aren't going to be a Baptist, get a name that fits you!