• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Marriage Of 37 Years & A Broken Heart & Soul

• Members

Janice, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will indeed be praying for you.

Thank you so much. For prayer is the answer to all things. My faith and trust are in God and God alone. God bless:icon_smile:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I cann't give you words of comfort,unable to fix your marriage but I feel your heartbreak and will be praying for you regularly! Yet,the LORD will comfort by HIS WORD, can fix what has happen and restore your marriage-He even understands your heartbreak and how to reach your husband after all you've been thru and He sits at the right hand in heaven mediating for you ! Stay in His WORD--He loves you as His child ! Remember the God who allowed His people to cross over dry land? We still worship the same God!! Yes He came to meet and finish His plans in the flesh-Jesus then when He ascended into heaven and you recieved Him as your Lord and Saviour -He gave you the Holy Spirit in you to comfort you allow His comfort nd His love when you feel all alone your not-He's right there IN you. He's with you every minute of every day. You are in my prayers . Your not alone. He promises and I can testify to this --just stay in His WORD daily always. With all my love!!

• Members

What a terrible situation. As painful as this is for you, I do believe you should spend time in concerted prayer, seeking the Lord's strength, so that you can go to the aid of your husband (in God's eyes, he is still your husband).

Show your husband the love of Christ through your actions. Go to him as a follower of Christ with no expectations. Take the love of Christ to him by being there for him. Help him as you can, share the Word with him as you can, and be in continual prayer the Lord will open his heart and mind to the Holy Ghost.

Helping your husband is no guarantee your marriage will be restored (and you shouldn't expect that), but it's a possibility. However, what you helping your husband is sure to be is an opportunity for him to see KJB charity in practice (love in action with no expectation of reward). This will give the Holy Ghost opportunity to minister to and reach out to your husband.

We are called to do right and leave the results in God's hands. We know that His Word never goes forth void and that He works all things together for good...though we don't always know what that good is, but God is perfect.

Talk this over with the Lord. If you can walk in the Lord's strength, put your understandable inner hurt feelings aside, and go to your husband in biblical charity, then do so for the Lord.

• Members

I needed to hear this--your absolutely right! We must always show His love in action. I needed hear this reply just as much . I believe if we are honest most of us needed to really hear this as well--Thank you !

What a terrible situation. As painful as this is for you, I do believe you should spend time in concerted prayer, seeking the Lord's strength, so that you can go to the aid of your husband (in God's eyes, he is still your husband).

Show your husband the love of Christ through your actions. Go to him as a follower of Christ with no expectations. Take the love of Christ to him by being there for him. Help him as you can, share the Word with him as you can, and be in continual prayer the Lord will open his heart and mind to the Holy Ghost.

Helping your husband is no guarantee your marriage will be restored (and you shouldn't expect that), but it's a possibility. However, what you helping your husband is sure to be is an opportunity for him to see KJB charity in practice (love in action with no expectation of reward). This will give the Holy Ghost opportunity to minister to and reach out to your husband.

We are called to do right and leave the results in God's hands. We know that His Word never goes forth void and that He works all things together for good...though we don't always know what that good is, but God is perfect.

Talk this over with the Lord. If you can walk in the Lord's strength, put your understandable inner hurt feelings aside, and go to your husband in biblical charity, then do so for the Lord.

• Members

I cann't give you words of comfort,unable to fix your marriage but I feel your heartbreak and will be praying for you regularly! Yet,the LORD will comfort by HIS WORD, can fix what has happen and restore your marriage-He even understands your heartbreak and how to reach your husband after all you've been thru and He sits at the right hand in heaven mediating for you ! Stay in His WORD--He loves you as His child ! Remember the God who allowed His people to cross over dry land? We still worship the same God!! Yes He came to meet and finish His plans in the flesh-Jesus then when He ascended into heaven and you recieved Him as your Lord and Saviour -He gave you the Holy Spirit in you to comfort you allow His comfort nd His love when you feel all alone your not-He's right there IN you. He's with you every minute of every day. You are in my prayers . Your not alone. He promises and I can testify to this --just stay in His WORD daily always. With all my love!!

Thank you so much for your understanding on my deepest hurt. Without my God I would never made it as far as I have. I pray every day that God will keep me under His grace & mercy for I a fighting so strongly against much anger since I have finally accepted this for never in a million years did I ever think that divorce would ever be a part of my life.
God bless

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Janice, I know its been a while since you posted on here, but I wanted to make a short comment.

Sorry for what you've had to go through, betrayed by the one you loved the most. I've been told that the death of a husband & or wife is easier to get over than something like this. My wife's twin sister, who died January 28, 2007 never got over her husband divorcing her. It hurt me to see how much this hurt her and how long the hurt lasted.

I can't really add to what has already been said. Just cast all of your cares to Christ, no doubt he will give you strength to get through this as well as any other thing that may come your way

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Prayers.

• Members

Janice, I know its been a while since you posted on here, but I wanted to make a short comment.

Sorry for what you've had to go through, betrayed by the one you loved the most. I've been told that the death of a husband & or wife is easier to get over than something like this. My wife's twin sister, who died January 28, 2007 never got over her husband divorcing her. It hurt me to see how much this hurt her and how long the hurt lasted.

I can't really add to what has already been said. Just cast all of your cares to Christ, no doubt he will give you strength to get through this as well as any other thing that may come your way

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Prayers.

It has been so very hard for I loved him with all my heart & soul. To be very honest I still do. I know that if it were not for my faith and trust and belief in my God I would not be where I am today. It has been a very long and difficult road but I will always remember that God tells us that he will not put more on us than we can bear. I hold on to those words every day. This has affected my entire family in very adverse ways. It has been a year and three months and to me it seems it was only yesterday. I struggle every day as we all do in one way or another, realizing though that prayer is the most powerful answer to all things in this life and on this earth. I would love to have continued prayers from all christians for myself and my family. God bless

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Janice,
Is your husband saved?

I'll be praying for you and your family.

I am so sorry that I have not responded back to your post as promptly as I feel I should have. My ex husband is a born again christian. It has been over a year now and I am still healing thur my faith & trust and love in God.:icon_pray:

• Members

Janice, how can you encourage others through the circumstances and pain you have faced and continue to face. God has been your strength through this turmoil, tell others. Claim a verse from God's word.

I'll continue praying for you, your daughters, and your children's father.

• 4 weeks later...