• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Zondervan KJV Study Bible

• Members

I was wondering about your comments, and opinions about the Zondervan KJV Study Bible.

I have some friends at church who have them and they can't stop praising this Bible.

What do you think about it?

• Members

I was wondering about your comments, and opinions about the Zondervan KJV Study Bible.

I have some friends at church who have them and they can't stop praising this Bible.

What do you think about it?

I seem to recall the notes in that bible were done by many of the same people that translated the NIV. I know that is true of the NIV version of this same study bible and I believe the notes are the same in the KJV version, just edited to fit the KJV. I wouldn't trust it and I would be very reluctant to buy a bible published by Zondervan as long as there are better options.

• Members

I really haven't found a study bible yet to improved on the 1917 edition of the Old Scofield. There are others that are decent like Falwell's KJV Study Bible, the New Pilgrim Study Bible, Ryrie's, Thompson Chain (amillennial) , Dake's (charismatic) , Companion (hyperdispensational) , New Defenders, New Scofield (not a real Scofiled), John R Rice Reference (out of print but on eBay) etc but I would still go with the Old Scofield. I have put my order in for Peter S Ruckman's study bible coming out in September but I realize many in here think he's a heretic. But I'll check it out. The KJV Subject bible I've seen on TV looks pretty good but you'd have to shell out big bucks for it.

• Members

I have found that most "Study Bibles" are fulla human opinion when it comes to their interps of Scripture, so I no longer mess with'em.. When I read a KJV, I generally use the Cambridge Edition, or a repro AV1611, complete with marginal notes & the translators' other extratextual materials.