• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bad happening

• Members

We appreciate the prayers and thoughts, that's for sure, at present time I don't want to make no more comments on it, not until I learn more, at that time I will let y'all know more on this incident.

But as you can guess the gossipers are going very strong and this will hurt the family even more.

Suicide continues to grow even though we think "Oh I spoke to them at church "but do we try to include them in outside get togethers or really get to know them? They are surrounded by people yet so so vey alone. :sad

• Members
Suicide continues to grow even though we think "Oh I spoke to them at church "but do we try to include them in outside get togethers or really get to know them? They are surrounded by people yet so so vey alone. :sad

That is true, some people can have several people around them who loves and cares for them a whole lots, but yet feel completely alone, unloved, and no answer at all for their problems.

No matter what we do, many of them will not let no one reach them.

• Members

That is true, some people can have several people around them who loves and cares for them a whole lots, but yet feel completely alone, unloved, and no answer at all for their problems.

No matter what we do, many of them will not let no one reach them.

one of the few reasons is that they don't want to scare people off, put in a institution, or even lose their children. (another word, they are scared to open up)

But for some people depressive thoughts can only last for a few second to whole week. Then by next day/week, they are better and they think they gonna be fine and make excuses for their own depressive thoughts. Then it is a cycle all over again.

• Members

I believe there are many who suffer from depression from various reasons, but few who will admit it, seems as if most think it a shame to sufferer from depression.

I know that since about 96 to 98 when my troubles with neck, head started increasing, when my hands would go numb when I woudl try to use a screwdriver, a hammer, or even driving down the highway, plus the pain on top of that, there were times I prayed for death for relief, I had some periods of depression. I've spoke of them in my sermons, using them as an example hoping to help others, there is no shame in to, but there is shame in hiding and being dishonest.

But even during this time period it can be a bit depressing, especially when I try to do something and really wind up mostly bring pain to my body from having done it.

But all that said, I've never thought about killing myself.

I think if anyone will read much of Paul's writings in the Bible that they will understand that even Paul, of which there is no doubt that he was a saved man, suffered from a bit of depression.

The shame in anything is not admitting it, not being honest.

I would go as far to say, I've read a few post on this board where people probably were not being honest, instead of saying they rebelled against God, they will blame what they did on someone or even on a church. Some seem to blame their sins on another person or even a church, instead of being 100% honest and saying they reveled against God.

We all need to remember, God only told us, "IF" we confessed, that is "IF" we're completely honest to Him, them and only them will he cleanse us from all sin and forgive us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 (KJV)

It does not say, if we offer excuses, He will cleanse us and forgive us.

We can fool men, but we will never fool God, I feel those who try to fool God, may well be the ones who do drastic things, even suicide. God and Christ can help us, that is if we are honest, if were dishonest, even He can't help us. Remember He does respect us much more than we do Him, He made it plain, He will never forsake us nor leave us, everyone of us has forsaken Him in one way or another. Yes, I believe there are times when we lie to Him & or tell Him to leave us alone, that He will back off and let us destroy our very own self. But when we are honest to Him, with His help, we can overcome anything and everything that comes our way in this life. Its sad that some even try to deceive God who can look right into our heart and know the whole truth.

21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalms 44:21 (KJV)

• Members

This father and mother don't have a clue, they just do not understand that living life without God, setting all the wrong examples, will lead to such a thing as a person committing suicide.

Their hearts are either seared over or they're so much in love with this world, drinking, drugs, hanging out with people who love such stuff, that they do not and will not listen to no one talk about God, Jesus, righteousness, in fact I fear they think they're right, and everyone who speaks about God is the ones in the wrong. When you now look in this father and mothers eyes, it looks as if no one is there.

And to think they've got a young girl, who is about 10 years of age, who is living thru the same upbringing as her brother had.

They are people that you just cannot get thru to, no matter how hard you try. Seems all you can do is pray for them.