• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bad happening

• Members

Night before last my wife's nephew shot and killed his self right in front of his dad & mom at about 9:30 PM. The had gone to bedroom where they were sleeping and took a gun out of the gun case, woke them up. Thru sleep filled eyes they saw Cody standing at the foot of their bed with the gun to his head, he made a comment all I'm nothing but trouble and the gun fired into his head.

Just before this happened he had called over to his dad's father's house and asked his dads brother to meet him in the side yard by the trampoline. Brent went to the trampoline and was waiting for Cody and he heard a gunshot in his brothers house. Brent ran back to his dad and mom's house hollering there was a gun shot in Heath's house. Heath's dad, mom who is a nurse, and Brent rushed over. They found Cody laying in the floor dead from a gunshot to his head.

Since he had trouble in the Marines a few years back seems nothing went right for Cody, but Cody was his own worse enemy, it was one problem to another. Now he has ended his earthly problems, but will probably face even worse troubles for more than likely he did not have Jesus as Savior. You just never know what is going on in a person mind, never!

I can't even imagie being woke up like that and see that happen before your very own eyes.

• Members

:sad

There seem to be a lot of suicides lately. A woman who worked in the bakery with my wife called a friend and asked her to take care of her dog because she was going to kill herself and then she hung up and killed herself.

It's so sad to think of these people killing themselves to get away from what they think is so terrible here and knowing that what they experience next will be so much worse. :sad

• Members
Night before last my wife's nephew shot and killed his self right in front of his dad & mom at about 9:30 PM. The had gone to bedroom where they were sleeping and took a gun out of the gun case, woke them up. Thru sleep filled eyes they saw Cody standing at the foot of their bed with the gun to his head, he made a comment all I'm nothing but trouble and the gun fired into his head.

Just before this happened he had called over to his dad's father's house and asked his dads brother to meet him in the side yard by the trampoline. Brent went to the trampoline and was waiting for Cody and he heard a gunshot in his brothers house. Brent ran back to his dad and mom's house hollering there was a gun shot in Heath's house. Heath's dad, mom who is a nurse, and Brent rushed over. They found Cody laying in the floor dead from a gunshot to his head.

Since he had trouble in the Marines a few years back seems nothing went right for Cody, but Cody was his own worse enemy, it was one problem to another. Now he has ended his earthly problems, but will probably face even worse troubles for more than likely he did not have Jesus as Savior. You just never know what is going on in a person mind, never!

I can't even imagie being woke up like that and see that happen before your very own eyes.

Jerry,

I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. We got the call last Wednesday night from my wife's sister-in-law screaming and crying that she had just gotten home and found her husband (my wife's 52 year old brother) dead in his recliner of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Everyone is devastated and so sad. I understand your grief and will pray for you and your family.

Terry

I am so,so sorry for this mom and dad! Also for this young man! I know most will assume he was lost but maybe he was saved.I've been there and I was already saved. Please just look for those you can still help! We'll be praying for the entire family!! In Christ's love pixiedust :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

• Members

I am sorry that this happened. That would be a horrifing situation. I feel bad for your whole family...... May God be with you and them... :badday:

• Members

I'm just telling how this happened as told to me from this young boys grandmother. I was the one who stood before this father and mother when they exchanged their wedding vows, he wanted his Uncle Jerry to take care of it and it was my 1st wedding.

He was 21 years of age and as you know from what I said going thru very trying times. I don't know the whole story about what led up to this. He had been drinking quite a lot and going out of control, recently they had to ban him from the house for their own safety as well as the safety of their young daughter, he went out of control busting down doors and tearing up furniture and wrecked his mothers pickup truck.

But since that time he had done much better. He had decided to attend nursing school, his parents had let him move back in, they were really trying to help him every way possible and he received a notice he had failed the entrance test, that evening at 9:30 PM he killed his self in front of father and mother.

As with any suicide an autopsy is done and that is in the process at present time. But all indications were he was not drunk and not on drugs when this happened.

Yes, there seems to be lots of suicides as well as murders, it seems on the increase. I don't have all the answers but maybe there are way to many of us who are in the pursuit of the wrong things in this world and pushing our youth to hard towards worldly things and not near enough of us who are totally in pursuit of God, Christ, and His ways. I do know the answer lies in God and Christ.

• Members

I mean on depression medication. Some people tend to get worst on certain depression medication.

and yes, rejection and feeling like a failure is very hard on some people (like failing a test). That's why I started that topic on the bible issue forum.

people have to learn handle it right.

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear of these happenings. :sad I'm becoming more and more convinced that the christian community needs to do more to reach out to people considering suicide, but I'm not sure how we'd do that. I would love to somehow reach out to people, but I don't know how. I wonder how long (on average) a person who is considering it thinks about it before actually doing it. It seems like if someone could/would reach out to them in that space of time, a life would be saved. It's just such a taboo subject though that I doubt many people would admit to even thinking about it.

• Members
I'm so sorry to hear of these happenings. :sad I'm becoming more and more convinced that the christian community needs to do more to reach out to people considering suicide' date=' but I'm not sure how we'd do that. I would love to somehow reach out to people, but I don't know how. I wonder how long (on average) a person who is considering it thinks about it before actually doing it. It seems like if someone could/would reach out to them in that space of time, a life would be saved. It's just such a taboo subject though that I doubt many people would admit to even thinking about it.[/quote']
you can find hints.

these people will often put themselves down (sometimes jokingly).
Or always trying to please other people. one of my neighbor was like that. she was always trying to please them. She ended up in suicide and I lost her forever.

But she also liked to be left alone alot.