• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John81

Palin resigning as Alaska governor

This will sound funny coming from a woman (in a women's lib society) and I like Sarah Palin, but she has no business running for President. That is not what Got intended. She needs to be at home raising her family or helping to run a family business. If she is in the political realm, then she needs to do what Deborah or Esther did and support the men that were in leadership. Help them to see a sovereign God. The morality of abiding by God's will, not our own.

Don't sound funny at all, sound correct to me. All of us can lose our way at times, trying to help God is ways He did not mean. We each have a very important calling, if we stay in our calling God will get more glory than if we get outside of what God has called us to do. Thanks to God for His mercy and the promise of Romans 8:28.

I think all this brou-ha-ha about her resignation is hilarious!! The media just can't leave her alone! They are the ones keeping her in the spotlight. It just makes me kind of chuckle whenever I hear another commentator talk about it.

She never indicated she would run for POTUS. Her interest in a national stage could be just helping the GOP get back to it's smaller government roots, etc. There are others that do that. Perhaps not, maybe she is gearing up to run. But I wonder.

As far as a woman being POTUS - I'd rather have her than Hillary!!! :eek She actually is very much like Reagan in her beliefs, so those who like Reagan can't diss her political philosophy too much and be consistent!!

I have an evangelist friend who made the comment that maybe it's time for America to have a Deborah. Who knows? It could be God's judgment - or it could be that there are no decent men who can get there who will run.

Her family actually have had more than their share of negative media. That rotten David Letterman with his gutter mind, etc. I'm not a women's libber at all, but it does seem strange to me that feminists didn't support her. After all, she was living what they say every woman could do: marriage, career and children!!! *sigh* I guess that's only for women who don't believe in God and who are liberals! :smilie_loco:

This will sound funny coming from a woman (in a women's lib society) and I like Sarah Palin, but she has no business running for President. That is not what Got intended. She needs to be at home raising her family or helping to run a family business. If she is in the political realm, then she needs to do what Deborah or Esther did and support the men that were in leadership. Help them to see a sovereign God. The morality of abiding by God's will, not our own.

I've gone over this issue in my mind. Deborah was a leader over men and that's because of the men were wimps. The Republican party is full of wimps now. We may have no choice but to elect a woman.

Huh? No-one said she wasn't.

I believe, ma'am, that Brother Jerry was referring to this:
"As far as a woman being POTUS - I'd rather have her than Hillary!!! She actually is very much like Reagan in her beliefs, so those who like Reagan can't diss her political philosophy too much and be consistent!!"
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I believe, ma'am, that Brother Jerry was referring to this:
"As far as a woman being POTUS - I'd rather have her than Hillary!!! She actually is very much like Reagan in her beliefs, so those who like Reagan can't diss her political philosophy too much and be consistent!!"
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I know exactly what he was referring to, Crush. And my statement stands. Why? Because we will likely end up with a female POTUS, unles BO declares himself dictator, which could happen.

I've gone over this issue in my mind. Deborah was a leader over men and that's because of the men were wimps. The Republican party is full of wimps now. We may have no choice but to elect a woman.

What we need to do is stop voting for the lesser of the two evils.

Palin, or Obama...Both liberals, and both shouldn't be in office.

There's a good man out there somewhere. We shouldn't settle for less.

Unfortunately, Mike Huckabee may be the best we've got.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Yes, the Republican Party is full of wimps, but since we don't HAVE TO vote for a Republican, we do have a choice as to whether we ourselves elect a woman or not.

I know exactly what he was referring to, Crush. And my statement stands. Why? Because we will likely end up with a female POTUS, unles BO declares himself dictator, which could happen.

"Likely" is not an absolute, ma'am.

God did not ordain women to be in roles such as this. I don't think we should vote for them.

If it comes down to voting for Palin in 2012 or voting for Obama, I think I'm just going to cast my vote for the Constitution Party. I'm not going to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

What we need to do is stop voting for the lesser of the two evils.

Palin, or Obama...Both liberals, and both shouldn't be in office.

There's a good man out there somewhere. We shouldn't settle for less.

Unfortunately, Mike Huckabee may be the best we've got.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Sorry, Crush, but you've got it wrong. Palin is not a liberal. You may not like her, you may not think she should run. That's your right. But she's not a liberal. She is a Reagan conservative. Mike Hukabee? NO thanks!!!!

"Likely" is not an absolute, ma'am.

God did not ordain women to be in roles such as this. I don't think we should vote for them.

If it comes down to voting for Palin in 2012 or voting for Obama, I think I'm just going to cast my vote for the Constitution Party. I'm not going to vote for the lesser of the two evils.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

My friends just pulled their membership from the Constitution Party because it has been taken over by White Supremists.

Yes, the Republican Party is full of wimps, but since we don't HAVE TO vote for a Republican, we do have a choice as to whether we ourselves elect a woman or not.

Well said, Brother John.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Sorry, Crush, but you've got it wrong. Palin is not a liberal. You may not like her, you may not think she should run. That's your right. But she's not a liberal. She is a Reagan conservative. Mike Hukabee? NO thanks!!!!

Then what is she, ma'am? A conservative? She (was) the governor of a state. She hunts, as far as I know. She's not ladylike. She's not a stay-at-home mom, though she could be.

What is she, ma'am?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

My friends just pulled their membership from the Constitution Party because it has been taken over by White Supremists.

Can you prove this, sir?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Then what is she, ma'am? A conservative? She (was) the governor of a state. She hunts, as far as I know. She's not ladylike. She's not a stay-at-home mom, though she could be.

What is she, ma'am?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Hunting makes her unladylike? Right.

Her choice of lifestyle may not be Biblical (although that is actually between herself and her husband), but it doesn't make her not conservative. There are many, many conservatives who are not even Christians, let alone living a Biblical life.

As I said' date=' that is your right to believe that. God did choose Deborah, and He chose her for a reason. You cannot say He will not do that here.[/quote']
For one, ma'am, Deborah was in part punishment to Israel. Yes, Palin may be elected - but if she is, it won't be because I'm voting for her, nor is it Biblical.

Huckabee is at least decently conservative. Unlike Palin.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

#1: Show me in scripture, in the story of Debrah, where God appointed Deborah as punishment?
#2: You obviously don't understand what a conservative is if you think Huckabee is one and Palin is not.

And again - decently conservative is still the lesser of two evils....

#1: Show me in scripture, in the story of Debrah, where God appointed Deborah as punishment?
#2: You obviously don't understand what a conservative is if you think Huckabee is one and Palin is not.

And again - decently conservative is still the lesser of two evils....

I cannot show you directly in the story. However, take Isaiah 3:12. Also, that would have been considered a disgrace at the time.

I very well understand what I conservative is, ma'am. Nor have I called Huckabee "evil" or unfit for office.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I cannot show you directly in the story. However, take Isaiah 3:12. Also, that would have been considered a disgrace at the time. Hmmm, that certainly isn't the way the Bible reads in the telling of Deborah...

I very well understand what I conservative is, ma'am. Nor have I called Huckabee "evil" or unfit for office. Ah, but if Palin is unfit simply because she's a woman (because of what scripture says), then Huckabee is also, because of his lifestyle. Can't have it both ways, Crush. That's what I'm trying to point out to you.
God bless,
Crushmaster.