• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Palin resigning as Alaska governor

• Members
As I said' date=' that is your right to believe that. God did choose Deborah, and He chose her for a reason. You cannot say He will not do that here.[/quote']
For one, ma'am, Deborah was in part punishment to Israel. Yes, Palin may be elected - but if she is, it won't be because I'm voting for her, nor is it Biblical.

Huckabee is at least decently conservative. Unlike Palin.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

#1: Show me in scripture, in the story of Debrah, where God appointed Deborah as punishment?
#2: You obviously don't understand what a conservative is if you think Huckabee is one and Palin is not.

And again - decently conservative is still the lesser of two evils....

• Members

#1: Show me in scripture, in the story of Debrah, where God appointed Deborah as punishment?
#2: You obviously don't understand what a conservative is if you think Huckabee is one and Palin is not.

And again - decently conservative is still the lesser of two evils....

I cannot show you directly in the story. However, take Isaiah 3:12. Also, that would have been considered a disgrace at the time.

I very well understand what I conservative is, ma'am. Nor have I called Huckabee "evil" or unfit for office.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Administrators

I cannot show you directly in the story. However, take Isaiah 3:12. Also, that would have been considered a disgrace at the time. Hmmm, that certainly isn't the way the Bible reads in the telling of Deborah...

I very well understand what I conservative is, ma'am. Nor have I called Huckabee "evil" or unfit for office. Ah, but if Palin is unfit simply because she's a woman (because of what scripture says), then Huckabee is also, because of his lifestyle. Can't have it both ways, Crush. That's what I'm trying to point out to you.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I'm confused about the comments about Huckabee.

I don't know what is wrong with his lifestyle. I've met him, and he has a good heart and seeks to do what is right. I don't think he is presidential material, but he was a decent governor. He stood up for what was right even when politiclally unpopular. I've not seen anything that is lifestyle is "evil" or wrong. So to what do you refer?

I think it is fine to have a female leader. There were plenty of them in the Bible. Now, I don't think Palin was presidential material either, as I thought Hilary was, but that is a differnet topic.

• Administrators

I'm confused about the comments about Huckabee.

I don't know what is wrong with his lifestyle. I've met him, and he has a good heart and seeks to do what is right. I don't think he is presidential material, but he was a decent governor. He stood up for what was right even when politiclally unpopular. I've not seen anything that is lifestyle is "evil" or wrong. So to what do you refer?

I think it is fine to have a female leader. There were plenty of them in the Bible. Now, I don't think Palin was presidential material either, as I thought Hilary was, but that is a differnet topic.

Kind - I am referring to his rock band. Yes, I know that is not a reason not to vote for him. But, to me, it's just as valid as other reasons given as to why someone is a "lesser of two evils" just because they don't agree with a few things. I don't believe that Palin's gender disqualifies her (am not sure about being presidential material...but I strongly disagree with you about Hilary...as you said, a different topic :lol:).

Music is subjective, but as Christians, do we want a rocker as POTUS? I believe rock music is wrong, but wouldn't use that as a basis for voting. Nor would I use gender as a basis. I (and I mean my hubby and me, because we vote the same) look at policies and issues. I know that most here disagree with a woman as POTUS, and I would prefer not to have one for many reasons. But that doesn't mean that God won't provide one for us...

• Members

Kind - I am referring to his rock band. Yes, I know that is not a reason not to vote for him. But, to me, it's just as valid as other reasons given as to why someone is a "lesser of two evils" just because they don't agree with a few things. I don't believe that Palin's gender disqualifies her (am not sure about being presidential material...but I strongly disagree with you about Hilary...as you said, a different topic :lol:).

Music is subjective, but as Christians, do we want a rocker as POTUS? I believe rock music is wrong, but wouldn't use that as a basis for voting. Nor would I use gender as a basis. I (and I mean my hubby and me, because we vote the same) look at policies and issues. I know that most here disagree with a woman as POTUS, and I would prefer not to have one for many reasons. But that doesn't mean that God won't provide one for us...

I see. I disagree about him being in a band. Some people like to hunt for fun. Others like to read. Others like to knit. Some like to play music. I don't see this different than any other hobby. Clinton played sax in a band, and I don't see that any different than Huckabee playing a bass in a band. He does it for fun, and is not real serious about it.

• Administrators

Oh, I know he's not real serious about it. My whole point is that, the lesser of two evils is subjective.

Huckabee plays in a rock band. The majority of Christians believe rock music to be wrong. Therefore, we should not vote for him on that basis if:

Palin is a woman. Therefore we should not vote for her.

• Members
Read it' date=' Crush. Judges 4. Nowhere does it say she was a punishment. The punishment was to Barak - not because of Deborah being judge, but because of his unwillingness to trust in God without Deborah there. Therefore, Jael got the glory for the victory. THAT was the punishment, and it was to Barak individually, not Israel as a whole. [/quote']
I have read it, ma'am. And you're right; it doesn't say it was punishment. However, it would have been considered a disgrace at the time, as I said.

I will say this, though: Deborah is just simply "there"; she cannot be used as evidence for women in political positions or evidence against it, really. I will admit I think a bit carried away.

I did, ma'am; he has his own band.

I don't think that's wrong.

Ma'am:
Rock music...not condemned by Scripture.

Women in political positions...against Scripture.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members
I see. :lol: You're right - scripture doesn't come out and condemn rock music. But the principles are there.

Such as, ma'am?
Women in political positions against scripture? No. If that were the case' date=' God went against Himself when He made Deborah judge. [/quote']
The fact of the matter is, God protects His people. He gets the job done.

Deborah is just an example of the spineless men of the day. Women in political positions are against God's natural order.
God bless,
Crushmaster.