• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Palin resigning as Alaska governor

• Members

Your correct, its not a popular stand to take in 2009, I might add this to the subject.

Just 50 years ago among Christians it was a very popular stand to take. If it was wrong them its wrong today, and it was wrong them, the Bible nor God has changed.

To many Christians goes along with the ever changing world, they do not take heed to Romans 12:1-2, and let the world influence them on their walk with God, not God and His Word.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee

1Co 11:8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
1Co 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
1Co 11:12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

In the Old Testament they did not have the New Testament Church, yet God put Adam over Eve. Yes, this not only speaks what is suppose to be in church, but in life as well.

I know one problem with this, its the way some men handle it, they treat women as 2nd class citizens and as if they're slaves, that is far from the way God tells the man to treat his wife. But that happeing gives no one the right to rebel, transgress God's ways.

We all have an important role as Christians, and we cannot fulfill our role if we live outside of the role in this life that God has for each of us.

Remember, any transgression is sin, sin separates us from God.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

I close by saying, many of God's ways are not popular with Christians, with churches today, there is so much rebellion against God here in 2009. With each new version that comes out rebellion increases.

I think that we should all be ready to meet Christ. Things are happening at a fast rate that's lining up to His 2nd coming. When you see these things come to pass.......Look up.....your redemption draweth nigh. Not for one minute am I going to worry about it. The Bible says he'll meet our every need. But, there is something we must do in order for our needs to be met. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you". When the people in the Bible screamed for a King and King Saul was appointed, that was not God's plan. But God allowed the people to have what they wanted and history shows what happened. God allowed Obama to become president, but we will see, just as the people saw when King Saul was appointed, how a nation can crumble. Let's just be ready.....He's coming !!!!!!!! and SOON !!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sarah Palin not under FBI investigation, agency spokesman says

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-palin5-2009jul05,0,7018263.story

I just don't see the suing, sad that we are a sue happy nation. a people who wants to get rich off suing people.

• Members

I'm not a sue happy person but I'm sick and tired of people making up false rumors and claiming it as fact, it is against the law you know. Maybe a few lawsuits will make these people think before printing.

This happens to most folks in the spotlight, whether celebrities or politicians.

Unless the stores are blatantly fabricated lies it's difficult to win a case in court against such. Public figures have a high burden of proof to meet in order to win a judgement against those who say things they don't like or claim are untrue.

This is why when a public figure does actually win such a case it's big news because it's so rare.

• Members

Cliff Hanger, Did I say you were sure happy? Here is exactly what I said, and its the truth.

"I just don't see the suing, sad that we are a sue happy nation. a people who wants to get rich off suing people."

Sad to say, as the world goes, so goes many Christians following them instead of Jesus.

I hope she is not going to seek being president, if she thinks it can get hot being governor & or running for vice president, none of that would compare to being president or running for president.

• Members

This will sound funny coming from a woman (in a women's lib society) and I like Sarah Palin, but she has no business running for President. That is not what Got intended. She needs to be at home raising her family or helping to run a family business. If she is in the political realm, then she needs to do what Deborah or Esther did and support the men that were in leadership. Help them to see a sovereign God. The morality of abiding by God's will, not our own.

• Members

This will sound funny coming from a woman (in a women's lib society) and I like Sarah Palin, but she has no business running for President. That is not what Got intended. She needs to be at home raising her family or helping to run a family business. If she is in the political realm, then she needs to do what Deborah or Esther did and support the men that were in leadership. Help them to see a sovereign God. The morality of abiding by God's will, not our own.

Don't sound funny at all, sound correct to me. All of us can lose our way at times, trying to help God is ways He did not mean. We each have a very important calling, if we stay in our calling God will get more glory than if we get outside of what God has called us to do. Thanks to God for His mercy and the promise of Romans 8:28.

• Administrators

I think all this brou-ha-ha about her resignation is hilarious!! The media just can't leave her alone! They are the ones keeping her in the spotlight. It just makes me kind of chuckle whenever I hear another commentator talk about it.

She never indicated she would run for POTUS. Her interest in a national stage could be just helping the GOP get back to it's smaller government roots, etc. There are others that do that. Perhaps not, maybe she is gearing up to run. But I wonder.

As far as a woman being POTUS - I'd rather have her than Hillary!!! :eek She actually is very much like Reagan in her beliefs, so those who like Reagan can't diss her political philosophy too much and be consistent!!

I have an evangelist friend who made the comment that maybe it's time for America to have a Deborah. Who knows? It could be God's judgment - or it could be that there are no decent men who can get there who will run.

Her family actually have had more than their share of negative media. That rotten David Letterman with his gutter mind, etc. I'm not a women's libber at all, but it does seem strange to me that feminists didn't support her. After all, she was living what they say every woman could do: marriage, career and children!!! *sigh* I guess that's only for women who don't believe in God and who are liberals! :smilie_loco:

• Members

I've gone over this issue in my mind. Deborah was a leader over men and that's because of the men were wimps. The Republican party is full of wimps now. We may have no choice but to elect a woman.