• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Palin resigning as Alaska governor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Palin isn't anywhere near as conservative as the media tried to paint her. Of course, compared to the likes of McCain she looked mighty conservative.

I heard a preacher on the radio the other day and he was stating that women ruling a nation is a sign of punishment.

• Members

Her resigning has to do with her preparing for a run at the Presidency which I think she has a great chance of being President. She knows just as much about Supreme Court decisions as Barack does. You can make any politician look dumb with set up questions about obscure Court decisions nobody really cares about. The constant attacks against her by the media is because they fear her chances most of all. Nobody cares about Newt (the biggest fraud there is) and Mitt (another neo-con).

• Members

hummmmmmmmmm

(I never did jump on the Palin bandwagon... something just didn't sit right about her though I love her beliefs.)

Me either, she always sounds like she is trying to hard to be folksy and agressive and that sounds fake. Like you I think something just isn't quite right about her. I hope the republicans offer a better choice.

• Members

Me either, she always sounds like she is trying to hard to be folksy and agressive and that sounds fake. Like you I think something just isn't quite right about her. I hope the republicans offer a better choice.

The Repubs are likely to give us a "choice" very similar to last time around.

• Members

Palin isn't anywhere near as conservative as the media tried to paint her. Of course, compared to the likes of McCain she looked mighty conservative.

I heard a preacher on the radio the other day and he was stating that women ruling a nation is a sign of punishment.

He's completely right.
(Isaiah 3:12) - "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

Men, and men alone, should hold roles like this.

Thanks for sharing, Brother John.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

I agree, McCain thought that was the one thing that would help him win an un-winnable election. I really never thought he could win from the beginning.

I wonder, is something fixing to come out on her & or her husband? And or does she fear it will.

Of course it could be she just got tired of getting beaten on by so many, the democrats were very vicious towards her. If the republican treated a democrat like the democrats treated her, boy would they go ballistic.

• Members

I know that there were women in the Bible with leadership abilities. One as such was Deborah (Book of Judges). Isn't the Bible clear, that women's place is in the home? The New Testament says the older women are to teach the younger women, etc. I know it's not popular, but I think the Bible is clear.....that women are not to have authority over the man. I'm not a prophet or pastor, but I've sit under Godly preaching and I don't think for one minute, our pastor would approve of a woman president (or govenor, for that matter, although the people here in NC has just voted one in.....).

• Members

I know that there were women in the Bible with leadership abilities. One as such was Deborah (Book of Judges). Isn't the Bible clear, that women's place is in the home? The New Testament says the older women are to teach the younger women, etc. I know it's not popular, but I think the Bible is clear.....that women are not to have authority over the man. I'm not a prophet or pastor, but I've sit under Godly preaching and I don't think for one minute, our pastor would approve of a woman president (or govenor, for that matter, although the people here in NC has just voted one in.....).

Haha well I know our pastor doesn't approve of Obama. LOL.

As far as an earlier post...yeah I kinda wonder if there's a scandal about to come out, but I hope not. I really do like her. I have a college friend who lives in Wasilla and she said that Piper Palin would come to their little Awana-type Wednesday night classes at their church with a friend of hers, as they all go to public school together.

• Members

Your correct, its not a popular stand to take in 2009, I might add this to the subject.

Just 50 years ago among Christians it was a very popular stand to take. If it was wrong them its wrong today, and it was wrong them, the Bible nor God has changed.

To many Christians goes along with the ever changing world, they do not take heed to Romans 12:1-2, and let the world influence them on their walk with God, not God and His Word.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee

1Co 11:8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
1Co 11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
1Co 11:12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

In the Old Testament they did not have the New Testament Church, yet God put Adam over Eve. Yes, this not only speaks what is suppose to be in church, but in life as well.

I know one problem with this, its the way some men handle it, they treat women as 2nd class citizens and as if they're slaves, that is far from the way God tells the man to treat his wife. But that happeing gives no one the right to rebel, transgress God's ways.

We all have an important role as Christians, and we cannot fulfill our role if we live outside of the role in this life that God has for each of us.

Remember, any transgression is sin, sin separates us from God.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

I close by saying, many of God's ways are not popular with Christians, with churches today, there is so much rebellion against God here in 2009. With each new version that comes out rebellion increases.