• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Homosexuality a Sin?

• Members

Sir,
If homosexuality was natural (that is; the state of being attracted to those of the same sex), I do not think God would consider it a sin.

Furthermore, even if it were natural, God still condemns it! It doesn't matter either way (even though it is obviously not natural, as God created humans male and female, and male and female alone). Look at the verses we posted; particularly the passage from 1 Corinthians.

There's simply no getting around it.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.

I'm a little out of my element discussing this, as I am not a scientist nor a medical doctor or Ph.d. However, I can think of a comparable example. Being obese, to the point of gluttony, is a sin. Yet, medical science has proven that some people have a predisposition to being, as we call it, gluttoness. Now, even though a person is genetically predisposed to gluttony, they can still make the choice not to be so. It's just harder for them due to their genetic make up. I'm not saying that a person can without a doubt be born "naturally" homosexual, in that it is in their genetic make up. To my knowledge, science has not identified such a gene yet. However, it took them a long time to identify a lot of genes, the actual identification of which was the only missing thing, i.e., they knew it was there, they just hadn't found it yet.

I believe homosexuality is wrong, whether it is something someone is predisposed to or not. However, I'm not so sure that there isn't something in ones genetic make up that predisposes him to one sexual orientation as opposed to another. I just don't know, and neither do you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

People are not genetically programmed to be homosexual, just as they are not programmed to lie. It is NOT a physical problem........it is a spiritual problem that has resulted because they did not want to retain God in their knowledge!

Romans 1:28-31 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful"

Oh, and for the record, many many scientists do not believe it is "genetic" either. My hubby is one of them.

• Members

People are not genetically programmed to be homosexual, just as they are not programmed to lie. It is NOT a physical problem........it is a spiritual problem that has resulted because they did not want to retain God in their knowledge!

Romans 1:28-31 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful"

Oh, and for the record, many many scientists do not believe it is "genetic" either. My hubby is one of them.

Well then there we have it. At least one genetics scientist believes it is not genetic (and I would assume he has done the research to back up the belief). Does anyone know another genetic scientists that supports (again, with credible research) the opposing view?

• Members

It doesn't matter if all the scientists in the world claim sodomy is natural and that people are predisposed to it. The fact remains that it is unnatural and an abomination before God.

Romans 3:4
'God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;'

• Members

Question, how many times in history has our scientist been wrong?
Next question, how many times in history has our Bible been wrong?

I don't think anyone is denying that it is a sin. And I don't think that scientific research even touches on whether or not it is a sin. Where does the Bible address whether or not it is, or can or can't be, a genetic issue which naturally occurs.

• Members

Well then there we have it. At least one genetics scientist believes it is not genetic (and I would assume he has done the research to back up the belief). Does anyone know another genetic scientists that supports (again, with credible research) the opposing view?

It would not matter if he could show you research or not, because you will not listen to what the Bible says. Romans 1:28-31 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

• Members

Even if it is a fact that someone is predisposed to become homosexual because of their genetic make-up doesn't excuse it in ANY way. Why?

1). Homosexuality is a sin as the bible clearly states.
2). ALL men and women are born sinners.
3). Therefore, hypothecially....even if someone was born a murderer or an adulterer - he/she is still born a sinner in God's sight because "in sin did my mother conceive me" (Psalm 51:5b)
4) Thus, it makes no difference to God whether or not they were predisposed or born homosexual because ALL are born sinners and in need of a Saviour.

One last note - I could care less what a scientist had to say about homosexuality and their excuse for excusing it. Why?

Psalm 118:8 - It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man

Case closed!

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Wasn't this settled in Romans chapter 1 of the KJV? I have to make it clear "the KJV" since many of the new versions are changing Romans 1.

I would think it's very clear. However, there are those who see various ways to claim that in some way homosexuality isn't the same as other sins or that homosexuals aren't really wrong in being homosexual or that Christians should support special rights for homosexuals, or even some who believe the statements against homosexuality in the Bible were written by bigots and not meant for us today.

Fewer and fewer folks today take the Bible for what it says and then live accordingly.

• Members

Has anyone noticed from reading Romans 1 that something happens to the sinners mind AFTER they engage in sodomy and not before? Scientists will say that homos are that way because they were born with different brains but according to Romans 1 their brains change AFTER they choose the perverse lifestyle.

27: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient

Notice verse 28. Something happen to their minds AFTER the fact not before. I believe that a reprobate mind is more than just a spiritual thing. I believe that something chemically or perhaps even genetically happens to the brain after the homosexual behavior is engaged in. Thus, the difference in the brains between straight and gay.