• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Spending the night over

• Members

You have accepted none of the Scripture posted, quoted, mentioned or the biblical principles cited already. You have rationalized that which you have chosen to respond to. If you are willing to rationalize it away why do you bother to ask?

You can't refute what's already been posted and you can't provide Scripture to support unmarried couples spending the night together.

That hasn't been a single piece of scripture provided which says that it is a sin to spend the night with, or be alone with, a member of the opposite sex. I am alone with three women right now (a secretary and two paralegals), are we sinning some how and don't even know it? I'll agree that if one is tempted to sin, he or she should stay away from what is tempting them. But being tempted and actually sinning are two different things. And just because some people cannot control themselves and are easily tempted, does not mean that every one is so easily tempted.

On another note, I am preparing as we speak to leave for Tegucigalpa (they have brought in a translator to help me pronounce it), Honduras. My firm represents their government, which I am sure you have heard, is a little unstable at the moment. The risk of danger is low but I will still miss being away from my country, friends and family over the Independence Day weekend. Please pray for me and the people of Honduras.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Word of God doesn't have to say, "Thou shalt not..." or "Thou shalt do..." regarding every topic or issue.

In some areas, the Word is very direct and in other areas the Word provides the principles we need to know what we are to do and not do.

You wish to do as you please and post as if you are immune to sexual temptation. Neither is biblical.

Scripture is clear we are to avoid temptation, flee temptation, flee youthful lusts, give no place to the devil, not to think we are strong in any area because such leads to a fall, to avoid the appearance of evil, etc.

• Members

The Word of God doesn't have to say, "Thou shalt not..." or "Thou shalt do..." regarding every topic or issue.

In some areas, the Word is very direct and in other areas the Word provides the principles we need to know what we are to do and not do.

You wish to do as you please and post as if you are immune to sexual temptation. Neither is biblical.

Scripture is clear we are to avoid temptation, flee temptation, flee youthful lusts, give no place to the devil, not to think we are strong in any area because such leads to a fall, to avoid the appearance of evil, etc.

But I am no more tempted by her at night when we are alone that when we are around each other during the day in public. Should I refrain from ever seeing her again?

• Members

You already know the answer to this. Men and women that are not married to one another should not be alone with each other regardless of whether it's day or night.

What about when we are not alone. Let's say we are in a crowded cafe. Are you suggesting that for some reason, people are less tempted by members of the opposite sex when they are not alone with the opposite sex?

You have no bibilcal, or other, support for the contention that men and women should not be a lone with one another, without exeception. I ask again, I am preparing to leave the country and the only four people in my office right now our myself and three other women. According your view of the Bible, are the three of us sinning?

• Members

If a couple can't be together even in public without one or both sinning in their mind then they should avoid that.

Otherwise, you know that if a couple are alone temptation has a FAR greater chance of growing into physical sin than it does if they are sitting together in a public cafe.

Living for Christ isn't about living as close to temptation as possible but living as far from it as possible.

Scripture is clear we are to avoid temptation, flee temptation, flee youthful lusts, give no place to the devil, not to think we are strong in any area because such leads to a fall, to avoid the appearance of evil, etc. You cannot do as you insist and keep these.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thank you for being a man and standing up fpr these scriptural standards!!!!!

If a couple can't be together even in public without one or both sinning in their mind then they should avoid that.

Otherwise, you know that if a couple are alone temptation has a FAR greater chance of growing into physical sin than it does if they are sitting together in a public cafe.

Living for Christ isn't about living as close to temptation as possible but living as far from it as possible.

Scripture is clear we are to avoid temptation, flee temptation, flee youthful lusts, give no place to the devil, not to think we are strong in any area because such leads to a fall, to avoid the appearance of evil, etc. You cannot do as you insist and keep these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This evil has been present in one of my relative's cases. He's living with this divorced woman atm, not being sure whether he will ever marry her. He doesn't want to share his property with her and the fear of divorce is keeping him away from marriage. Sad and disgusting at the same time but it all started with her spending the night over.

Meanwhile, like some people probably have said, this is a dangerous trap for both of them. But they are a different case, being Christians means that they would try and refrain themselves from any inappropriate activity.