• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBibleSender

Micheal Jackson dies

The thing you fail to remember is that theif that hung beside Christ on the cross was saved within last final twilight of his life. It is the first accoundt of a "death bed" conversion, so to speak. For all anyone other than Christ and the thief knew, he was nothing more than a dirty filthy sinner sentenced to die for his sins. Everyone on on the ground who walked away saying, "well now that thief is in hell. And we know he is hell because he lived a sinful life," was wrong. Which begs the point: you don't know what happened between him and the Lord. Why would you want to go around saying someone is in hell when, first of all, you have know way of knowing that, and second, you may be wrong. Quit being a judge and worry about being a Christian.

I agree thats what I wanted to point to God. But to get back to mourning Michael. I rather remember him as a young child wanting to be singer and grew up very misunderstood. He was a hard child by the way to raise.

Yes, the thief on the cross was saved, but look at the wasted life he lived, never glorifying God probably leading many to hell, saved from hell in the last hour of his life.

His life, a life of sin against God and leading people to hell, how can any Christian remember anything good about his, the only way it that they know not what Christians values are.

Again I ask.

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2 Cor 6:15 (KJV)

What in the world does a Christian have in common with MJ, an infidel? Nothing, no not one thing.

Misplace mourning, the morning ought to be for all of those he leads thru the gates of hell and will continue to lead thru the gates of hell after his death.

Yes, the thief on the cross was saved, but look at the wasted life he lived, never glorifying God probably leading many to hell, saved from hell in the last hour of his life.

His life, a life of sin against God and leading people to hell, how can any Christian remember anything good about his, the only way it that they know not what Christians values are.

Again I ask.

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2 Cor 6:15 (KJV)

What in the world does a Christian have in common with MJ, an infidel? Nothing, no not one thing.

Misplace mourning, the morning ought to be for all of those he leads thru the gates of hell and will continue to lead thru the gates of hell after his death.

Again, there is an assumption that Michael Jackson has, or will, without a doubt, "lead" people to hell, whether he intended to or not. This is just something that you do not know. You want to assume it because it fits your picture of the way things happen, when in fact there is no definitive "way" in which things happen other than the truth. People end up in hell by their own accord. You don't get to point fingers at others and say "but if not for that guy that danced so well, I wouldn't be here."

Anyone who lives a wicked life and especially when they promote that lifestyle are leading folks down the wide path.

There is no neutral.

The whole idea of someone suddenly coming to Christ before they have a heart attack is extremly wishful thinking.

Rather than trying to find ways to skirt the Word of God and ways to play with the world and pretend it's okay, it would be helpful if more folks would actually abide in the Word and live by the Word.

Again, there is an assumption that Michael Jackson has, or will, without a doubt, "lead" people to hell, whether he intended to or not. This is just something that you do not know. You want to assume it because it fits your picture of the way things happen, when in fact there is no definitive "way" in which things happen other than the truth. People end up in hell by their own accord. You don't get to point fingers at others and say "but if not for that guy that danced so well, I wouldn't be here."

No, it fits the Bible, read and study it, obviously you haven't, you don't know the difference between good fruit or corrupt fruit, if you don't know the type life MJ lived.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Tim 2:15 (KJV)

Study the Bible, them you can divided the Word of the truth and need not to be ashamed.

Its so sad at the number of people we have that cannot tell the difference between a Christians life and that of an infidel. Must or babe or else.

Those handling the funeral are planning all this for legend. It will be all about show, arousing emotions and building up the legacy so as to help enshrine his icon status...and, of course, to help increase his net worth for whoever ends up with it.

Not surprising though, the world loves its on, especially those that might make them lots of money.

In MJ's death some will get rich, they may even already be calculating the money they might make off of him.

Just think how it might be, if more of us served God like so many serve mammon.

Powerful sedative found in Michael Jackson's home

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090704/ap_en_tv/us_michael_jackson_356

The sedative Diprivan was found in MJ's home, this is something that is not suppose to be in your home, only in the operating room. Seems there be few who could say no to MJ, and it may have cost him his life.

What is Diprivan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprivan

Typically, celebrities can get doctors to prescribe to them whatever they want.

Of course, not all celebrities do this, but there are plenty who do and it's a shame there are enough doctors out there willing to turn themselves into drug suppliers for the sake of money.

Elvis, Anna-Nicole Smith, several 'professional' wrestlers, some bodybuilders, as well as other celebrities I can't recall off hand, have all had doctors providing them with drugs that eventually had a hand in their death.

Sad thing about this, because of the celebrities abuse many none celebrities livea a life of pain which is completely unnecessary.

You know, every community has its own celebrities that get catered to.

Last night I was watching the first 30 mins of dateline special while I was waiting for the crew to walk to the fireworks at my parents. His Brother Jermaine said that he was a gift a Allah(not sure the spelling) So I know Michael is in Hell.

Most celebrities are where they are because of their worldliness used in a very worldly business. True Christianity doesn't fit in with what it takes to be a big celebrity and anyone truly following the Word can't biblically do what is necessary to be a big star.

It's sad to look at some celebrities who were raised "Christian" and even professed "Christian values" early on, who specifically and purposefully turn from Christianity in an effort to show how "cool, modern and with it" they are.

Most celebrities are where they are because of their worldliness used in a very worldly business. True Christianity doesn't fit in with what it takes to be a big celebrity and anyone truly following the Word can't biblically do what is necessary to be a big star.

It's sad to look at some celebrities who were raised "Christian" and even professed "Christian values" early on, who specifically and purposefully turn from Christianity in an effort to show how "cool, modern and with it" they are.

So one's works determine their destination?

So one's works determine their destination?

John did not say that.

But that said, there are many occupations a Christians would not partake of because they would have to compromises Christians values.

I understand very well many people call them self Christian, but yet they never chose to live Christian Values, that is why we can know them by their fruit.

It's not biblical to sing or dance in ways contrary to Scripture.

Singing songs that promote worldliness is unbiblical. Dancing in perverse ways that feed lust, including dancing that simulates sex, promotes wickedness and is unbiblical.

Similar holds true to acting in movies or on TV.

All of this is in the Bible. If you read through the Bible each year as well as read and study the Bible besides that yearly reading during the year, all of this will become a part of you. Scripture tells us if we abide in the Word, the Word will abide in us.

Scripture makes it clear that far more people will take the broad road to hell while few will take the narrow road to heaven. Scripture is also clear that many who thought they were Christians and doing things for God will learn from Jesus He never knew them and they will be cast into hell.

There is ONE Way to heaven. It's a very narrow, specific Way.

So it's not biblical to become a singer if your a Christian?

Its not biblical to sing certain kinds of music, that is if you love Jesus, nor to listen to it.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Of course most people think being a Christians is about going to church on Sunday, them from Monday to Saturday do as you please. Of course many leave out the going to church.

Sad to say, there be few Christians who understand this verse.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

There be many who get choked up emotionally in church and claim to surrender all to Christ, but in reality few there be who do this once they get past the church door and out into the world.

Yes, many do as a friend once told me, God, Jesus, and the Bible is wonderful, as long as you keep it in the right place, right respective, and do not bring it out into the world with you Monday morning.

Its not biblical to sing certain kinds of music, that is if you love Jesus, nor to listen to it.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Of course most people think being a Christians is about going to church on Sunday, them from Monday to Saturday do as you please. Of course many leave out the going to church.

Sad to say, there be few Christians who understand this verse.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

There be many who get choked up emotionally in church and claim to surrender all to Christ, but in reality few there be who do this once they get past the church door and out into the world.

Yes, many do as a friend once told me, God, Jesus, and the Bible is wonderful, as long as you keep it in the right place, right respective, and do not bring it out into the world with you Monday morning.

:goodpost:

The high number of professing Christians who find entertainment in listening to sinful songs and watching sinful dancing makes it clear there be many who lack understanding of the Word of God.

I am going insane at my parents house they have the news all the time and Today show each morning. I hear about Michael Jackson left and right it's getting more insane and I got over my mourning long time ago. I can't believe people can't get excited about the Lord like that.

When someone the news people feels is important dies, & or does something spectacular, they over cover it & talk about it till there is nothing else to talked about, but even that does not stop their coverage. This MJ coverage's is ridiculous, but what are we to expect from the world?

And the price some will pay to attend this public service for him.