• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Micheal Jackson dies

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Last night I was watching the first 30 mins of dateline special while I was waiting for the crew to walk to the fireworks at my parents. His Brother Jermaine said that he was a gift a Allah(not sure the spelling) So I know Michael is in Hell.

Most celebrities are where they are because of their worldliness used in a very worldly business. True Christianity doesn't fit in with what it takes to be a big celebrity and anyone truly following the Word can't biblically do what is necessary to be a big star.

It's sad to look at some celebrities who were raised "Christian" and even professed "Christian values" early on, who specifically and purposefully turn from Christianity in an effort to show how "cool, modern and with it" they are.

• Members

Most celebrities are where they are because of their worldliness used in a very worldly business. True Christianity doesn't fit in with what it takes to be a big celebrity and anyone truly following the Word can't biblically do what is necessary to be a big star.

It's sad to look at some celebrities who were raised "Christian" and even professed "Christian values" early on, who specifically and purposefully turn from Christianity in an effort to show how "cool, modern and with it" they are.

So one's works determine their destination?

• Members

So one's works determine their destination?

John did not say that.

But that said, there are many occupations a Christians would not partake of because they would have to compromises Christians values.

I understand very well many people call them self Christian, but yet they never chose to live Christian Values, that is why we can know them by their fruit.

• Members

It's not biblical to sing or dance in ways contrary to Scripture.

Singing songs that promote worldliness is unbiblical. Dancing in perverse ways that feed lust, including dancing that simulates sex, promotes wickedness and is unbiblical.

Similar holds true to acting in movies or on TV.

All of this is in the Bible. If you read through the Bible each year as well as read and study the Bible besides that yearly reading during the year, all of this will become a part of you. Scripture tells us if we abide in the Word, the Word will abide in us.

Scripture makes it clear that far more people will take the broad road to hell while few will take the narrow road to heaven. Scripture is also clear that many who thought they were Christians and doing things for God will learn from Jesus He never knew them and they will be cast into hell.

There is ONE Way to heaven. It's a very narrow, specific Way.

• Members

So it's not biblical to become a singer if your a Christian?

Its not biblical to sing certain kinds of music, that is if you love Jesus, nor to listen to it.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Of course most people think being a Christians is about going to church on Sunday, them from Monday to Saturday do as you please. Of course many leave out the going to church.

Sad to say, there be few Christians who understand this verse.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

There be many who get choked up emotionally in church and claim to surrender all to Christ, but in reality few there be who do this once they get past the church door and out into the world.

Yes, many do as a friend once told me, God, Jesus, and the Bible is wonderful, as long as you keep it in the right place, right respective, and do not bring it out into the world with you Monday morning.

• Members

Its not biblical to sing certain kinds of music, that is if you love Jesus, nor to listen to it.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Of course most people think being a Christians is about going to church on Sunday, them from Monday to Saturday do as you please. Of course many leave out the going to church.

Sad to say, there be few Christians who understand this verse.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

There be many who get choked up emotionally in church and claim to surrender all to Christ, but in reality few there be who do this once they get past the church door and out into the world.

Yes, many do as a friend once told me, God, Jesus, and the Bible is wonderful, as long as you keep it in the right place, right respective, and do not bring it out into the world with you Monday morning.

:goodpost:

The high number of professing Christians who find entertainment in listening to sinful songs and watching sinful dancing makes it clear there be many who lack understanding of the Word of God.

• Members

When someone the news people feels is important dies, & or does something spectacular, they over cover it & talk about it till there is nothing else to talked about, but even that does not stop their coverage. This MJ coverage's is ridiculous, but what are we to expect from the world?

And the price some will pay to attend this public service for him.

• Members

From Berean Call:

Relatives of Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Decry Lack of Coverage Amid Jackson Spectacle [Excerpts]

A day before New York Rep. Peter King called Michael Jackson a "pervert" unworthy of nonstop media coverage, the aunt of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan on the same day Jackson died asked why her nephew's death went virtually unnoticed while the King of Pop got memorial shrines across the country.

"Mr. Jackson received days of wall-to-wall coverage in the media," Martha Gillis wrote to the Washington Post. "Where was the coverage of my nephew or the other soldiers who died that week?"

Gillis' nephew, Lt. Brian Bradshaw, 24, died in Kheyl, Afganistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Bradshaw, of Steilacoom, Wash., was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Fort Richardson, Alaska. He was one of at least 13 U.S. soldiers to die in Afghanistan since Jackson's death on June 25.

Bradshaw's mother, Mary, said she agreed with Gillis, saying the nonstop coverage of Jackson's death has become "totally ridiculous" and laughable.

"I can watch the news many nights and there's no mention of what's going on in Afghanistan or Iraq and there's boys dying over there," Bradshaw told FOXNews.com.

(Miller, Fox News Online, July 7, 2009).

[While the sacrifice of soldiers is ignored, much of the media is taken up with the events surrounding the death of a pop star. This pattern may be instructive to Christians. As believers we know that the world will take little notice of the good the Lord will enable us to do. Nevertheless, "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which you have showed toward his name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister" (Hebrews 6:10).]

• Members

I agree, TV coverage of this event is ridiculous, besides that they were mocking the Lord thy God this afternoon in LA. But that said, the world loves its own, even when its a pervert.

That said, people like them, I hope they have a rejoicing life, for on the other side there will be no rejoicing for them.

Yes I know, my statement is not even political correct, and even some of my brothers and sisters will probably try shaming me.

• Administrators

I was surprised to hear on the radio this morning that someone on MSNBC (I think that was the station - one of the MSM, anyway) actually said that there was too much coverage of MJ!!

Someone compared his death to Princess Di's, and how all of this was cathartic to the nation. Cathartic? I'm sorry he died, because I don't really know if he's in Heaven (I know we've been over this already, but I'm saying it anyway...). He wasn't old. He had talent, even though I believe he misused it. But I am not mourning his death as I would the loss of one of my loved ones. I didn't know him. He was an entertainer. He wasn't royalty, even though he took on himself the name of king of pop (emulating Elvis again, who was the king of rock), so I think it's kind of insulting to the British people to compare the supposed enormity of his death to that of a one-time British princess!

The paper this morning had a picture of MJ's daughter crying as she spoke at his memorial. His family is who my heart goes out to. I do feel bad for them in their loss.