• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Micheal Jackson dies

• Administrators

The change of world is helping those in need and helping the sick and stuff. I know the change is Jesus Christ. The media and tabloids followed him around. How I know I used to be one of his biggest fans. Yeah the Change that Michael wanted is the same as Obama to get rid of preachy bigot Christians that poke into peoples buisnesses.

KJV - that was uncalled for. You may have been one of his biggest fans, but that doesn't give you the right to be snotty to people who didn't like his lifestyle BECAUSE HIS LIFESTYLE WAS UNBIBLICAL.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I know his lifestyle was unbiblical but again does it matter now? He is dead and gone and God took care of him in Thursday. My husband just now said it's between him and God. He was a miserable person.

Yes, he is dead and gone. But people continue to talk, and will do so for many years, because he was so popular.

• Members

Millions of people tried to, and continue to try to mimic MJ. Do we really want them staying on the road to hell because they follow the example he gave?

It needs to be pointed out to people that the life he lived and the false religious beliefs he followed lead to hell, not heaven.

No amount of "good" any non-Christian does accounts for anything. We are not to follow the "good" of any man, but the example of Christ. Celebrities doing "good" most often amounts more to show than anything. While they give some money and tape some messages asking others to give, they typically waste enough money every month to feed several families for a year. Worse of all, doing "good" without presenting the Gospel to folks is of little worth.

Christians are to have nothing to do with the worldliness of these lost, wicked spreading celebrities. We have plenty of opportunities to help the poor and spread the Gospel ourselves and through Christian organizations and groups.

What good does it do for anyone to gain the world but lose their soul?

• Administrators

I know his lifestyle was unbiblical but again does it matter now? He is dead and gone and God took care of him in Thursday. My husband just now said it's between him and God. He was a miserable person.

He may be dead, but his testimony will on with us for a long time. Sin does not just effect one person, the effects of sin in our life could last for generations after we die. Threads like this is not to bash MJ, but to warn others about living an unbiblical lifestyle.

• Members

Yes I know your warning. I just been keeping up with this family off and on for the last 25 years and not sure if my parents did. Anyhow I do pray for the children are safe and not not reading the media on the net. I am sorry If I hurt anyone's feelings from the bigot comment I made the other day. I been getting overwhelmed. I just can't believe people didn't like him a week prior to his death then they started flocking to that hospital and other places. Been wondering where these people came from.

• Administrators

Yes I know your warning. I just been keeping up with this family off and on for the last 25 years and not sure if my parents did. Anyhow I do pray for the children are safe and not not reading the media on the net. I am sorry If I hurt anyone's feelings from the bigot comment I made the other day. I been getting overwhelmed. I just can't believe people didn't like him a week prior to his death then they started flocking to that hospital and other places. Been wondering where these people came from.

Unfortunately, that is the way of people, KJVK - hate or ignore someone while they are alive, and then after death act like they were best friends or always loved them. Of course, many of the people gathering really liked him and so are expressing that. I know at his childhood home in Gary, people are still stopping and leaving gifts in memory. Not just people from Gary, either, but people who travel in just to do that.

• Members

yes i hope they give those gifts to the needy children. I seen big teddy bears and stuffed animals.
My husband got me away from defending Michael today. I tried to watch the appallo (spelling) semi cast on cnn .com live feed but couldn't stomach it. I think I am just going to enjoy my visit with my parents on Friday and not watch his funeral. They don't like him either but my dad liked Man in the mirror song but I am getting more into reading more Biblical and Christian books.

• Members

No, your wrong, his life was not between just him and God, sad to say he led many people down the road to hell with the influence he had on them and the lifestyle he led.

One thing about the Bible, it tells both the good side and the bad side of most Bible characters.

There is not really a good side of MJ to discuss.

I fail to understand how a Christians can be a fan of MJ.

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2 Cor 6:15 (KJV)

• Members

No, your wrong, his life was not between just him and God, sad to say he led many people down the road to hell with the influence he had on them and the lifestyle he led.

One thing about the Bible, it tells both the good side and the bad side of most Bible characters.

There is not really a good side of MJ to discuss.

I fail to understand how a Christians can be a fan of MJ.

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2 Cor 6:15 (KJV)

So true Jerry. As Scripture shows us the good and bad Scripture makes it clear there is a great difference between those who choose to walk in sin and those who are His and are open to recognize their sin and to repent of their sin.

Scripture is also clear as to the consequences of sin. Those who walk in sin their whole lives will reap hell as their reward and their lives will have been spent pointing others to hell. For those who chose to walk with the Lord, we see that when they sinned there were consequences that often effected many others besides themselves.

That which MJ put forth is not appropriate for Christians. His music was worldly, his dancing was perverse.

• Members

Well that drug article is because they over worked him at 50 years old. Can you picture a 50 year old man which was not performed for a full decade to make a big comeback like he did? The media is making him look like the new Elvis.
I was a fan of his in his prime days in the days that he started in the 80s and 90's. When the 95 came about I was into other things not going to display. I never know if my friend Larry accepted the Lord as his Saviour back in 93 so according to you he is in hell also.

• Members

Well that drug article is because they over worked him at 50 years old. Can you picture a 50 year old man which was not performed for a full decade to make a big comeback like he did? The media is making him look like the new Elvis.
I was a fan of his in his prime days in the days that he started in the 80s and 90's. When the 95 came about I was into other things not going to display. I never know if my friend Larry accepted the Lord as his Saviour back in 93 so according to you he is in hell also.

From all the accounts I've read no one was overworking MJ, he was driving himself because he was desperate for a comeback to bring in much needed money to cover his massive debts and to get him back in the spotlight.

MJ had a history of denying health problems, attempting to cover them up and relying on drugs.

What MJ was doing in the 80s and 90s was very unchristian and led most of a generation down the wrong road.

Sadly, many are trying to deify MJ as many have done with Elvis. This is easier to do when they find ways to tie the MJ story to that of Elvis. It's so sad to see so many idolizing those who lived in wickedness, sold wickedness and led so many futher down the path of wickedness.

I would that these folks would turn to Christ rather than to celebrities.

• Members

So true Jerry. As Scripture shows us the good and bad Scripture makes it clear there is a great difference between those who choose to walk in sin and those who are His and are open to recognize their sin and to repent of their sin.

Scripture is also clear as to the consequences of sin. Those who walk in sin their whole lives will reap hell as their reward and their lives will have been spent pointing others to hell. For those who chose to walk with the Lord, we see that when they sinned there were consequences that often effected many others besides themselves.

That which MJ put forth is not appropriate for Christians. His music was worldly, his dancing was perverse.

The thing you fail to remember is that theif that hung beside Christ on the cross was saved within last final twilight of his life. It is the first accoundt of a "death bed" conversion, so to speak. For all anyone other than Christ and the thief knew, he was nothing more than a dirty filthy sinner sentenced to die for his sins. Everyone on on the ground who walked away saying, "well now that thief is in hell. And we know he is hell because he lived a sinful life," was wrong. Which begs the point: you don't know what happened between him and the Lord. Why would you want to go around saying someone is in hell when, first of all, you have know way of knowing that, and second, you may be wrong. Quit being a judge and worry about being a Christian.