• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Micheal Jackson dies

• Members
Well' date=' pt, we can question them...they are not perfect, and mistakes can be made. [/quote']

Hi, Happy Christian. So which is it? Do you think a jury can be mistaken in their judgement or do you think the system is trustworthy enough to be relied upon to clear your name in the event untrue allegations are brought against you? If someone decided to settle out of court because the court is "...not perfect, and mistakes can be made," would you then argue that they should put their faith in the court system?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One thing for sure, the Judge, Jesus Christ, who will Judge every human, the saved at the Bema Judgment, the lost at the great white throne, will judge everyone with perfect righteous judgments.

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
John 5:29 (KJV)

There will be no dream team of lawyers standing with those who stand before Christ at the great white throne.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 20:11-15 (KJV)

Those standing before the great white throne will have no hope, for they will be cast into the lake of fried which is the 2nd death.

• Members

Some don't like to face, or even admit, the fact that most folks are going to hell.

God is very clear there is One narrow Way to heaven and few are willing to accept this. God is equally clear that most will choose the broad way which leads to hell and there is no second chance.

• Members

Luke 6:26 - Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he (Lit. I AM - JEHOVAH GOD), ye shall die in your sins.

Michael was a JW and I certainly hope that he turned to the True God before he fell asleep.

Love,
Madeline

• Members

Kind - It's your choice to defend him. If possible would you take his case before God? With what evidence and testimony you're giving could you defend him before God? Do you think the prosecution would present any witnesses you would prefer were not there?

I'm not sure what your point is. All I know is that it is very easy to destroy someone's life by making accusations of sexual misconduct against them. Every person who has any criminal allegations brought against him or her has a right to defend himself or herself in a court of law. In this trial, the prosecution did not have the evidence to convict him. It was his word against their word. The witnesses were dishonest, out for money, etc. Look at their hisotry.....the mother of the children previously sued J.C. Penny after shoplifting there for $3 million. The testimonies of the brothers were extremely inconsistent and did not match.

I'm not saying he is innocent or guilty. I'm just saying there is not enough evidence to prove one way or the other. Accusations are enough to raise suspisions, and these suspisions haunted him to his grave. Without the evidence, I cannot say whether or not he was guilty.

As for defending him before God, the only one that can do that is Jesus. I have no idea what his personal beliefs were, but if he placed his faith in Christ (which is something I cannot speak to, because I do not know him), then Christ will be his defender before God, as he will be my defender before God.

• Administrators

Al - the way the jury system was originally set up is good - I have no arguments with that. But mistakes do get made, because the jurors are human beings. Too often the jurors, nowadays especially, are swayed by things they ought not be. Could those jurors have been swayed by MJ's popularity? Of course they could. His jurors could have consisted of three types: those swayed to believe he was innocent just because of who he was; those swayed to believe he was guilty because of who he was; and, best, those who were impartial (as popular as he was, it's hard for me to believe that any jury would be completely impartial...). Perhaps they all were impartial. But I can still express my doubts as to his innocence without impugning the system.

OJ was aquitted - but it's pretty certain he was guilty. That doesn't mean we throw out the jury system. We have to take the good with the bad.

OJ was deemed guilty in a civil suit brought later...perhaps the fact that no civil suit was filed against MJ speaks to his innocence. Who knows for sure?

• Administrators

Luke 6:26 - Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he (Lit. I AM - JEHOVAH GOD), ye shall die in your sins.

Michael was a JW and I certainly hope that he turned to the True God before he fell asleep.

Love,
Madeline

Good verses, Madeline (and you don't post here enough anymore, BTW!!! :coolsmiley:).
Just wanted to let you know - MJ was raised JW, but in 2007 he converted to Islam, after "flirting" with the idea since 2003.

• Members

Michael never up until recently got interested into islam. He believed in the Biblical God but why should this matter now? He already is in his eternal place where God put him. Is there anything good you can say about this man? Why do we need to look at the negatives? The Jackson family is so heartbroken and needs prayers and all you doing is talking trash about his beliefs and also his controversy lifestyle?

• Administrators

Michael never up until recently got interested into islam. He believed in the Biblical God but why should this matter now? He already is in his eternal place where God put him. Is there anything good you can say about this man? Why do we need to look at the negatives? The Jackson family is so heartbroken and needs prayers and all you doing is talking trash about his beliefs and also his controversy lifestyle?

KJV - I would love to be able to say he believed in the Biblical God - but Jehovah's Witnesses do not, and that is how he was raised. He got interested in Islam in 2003 and converted in 2007. That's not being negative, that is speaking the truth.

Yes, his family is heartbroken, and I am sorry for that. But - his controverial lifestyle? Would that be what shows his belief in the Biblical God? No, 'fraid not.

• Administrators

He left the JW years ago. He never was JW the last 20 years. This family is very misunderstood in the public. The media made him into a controversial person not Jackson. We need to focus on the change he wanted for the world and help out people and the poor and needy. Can't we do that?

KJV - the change this world needs is Jesus Christ. That is not a change MJ was interested in. Jackson's ACTIONS made him controversial. The media just ate it up and spit it back out for everyone who wanted to look at it.

• Members

The change of world is helping those in need and helping the sick and stuff. I know the change is Jesus Christ. The media and tabloids followed him around. How I know I used to be one of his biggest fans. Yeah the Change that Michael wanted is the same as Obama to get rid of preachy bigot Christians that poke into peoples buisnesses.