• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Micheal Jackson dies

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As I stated in another thread, it is not up to us to judge whether one is "lost" or "saved." His life was a tragedy, and he clearly had some mental problems, making him very childlike in his behavior.

I believe he is at rest, after a very difficult life in which he was haunted by being raised a child star.

However, his relationship with God is not for me, nor anyone else to judge.

• Administrators

KJVK - yes, MJ did convert to Islam, and was a pal of sorts with Farrakahn - who has no love for the God of the Bible!!

MJ may very well be in Hell - his life would seem to indicate that. His family was Jehovah Witness...and that faith very definitely does not produce Christians!!! He lived in Gary, Indiana (just a couple of towns over from me), where there is a plethora of churches - many of which were here when he was. A good bit of those churches teach the gospel, so who knows? Mayhap when he was a child someone was able to reach him....

As was said, we cannot know for sure if he was saved or not. But we can say that, if saved, his testimony was rotten!

Reportedly, Joe Jackson (the father) abused the family physically and emotionally. And MJ was the youngest boy...so it's possible he got the brunt - especially since his voice was the reason the Jackson 5 catapulted to fame.

Yes, he will be exalted above measure now that he is dead - but that isn't his fault! It's the fault of a people who have to have a person to worship...

It's sad, I think. His life was sad. He died in debt, without anyone who really loved him nearby. He wasn't quite a year older than me...so young.

• Members

Scripture tells us how to know if someone is a brother or sister in Christ.

The idea that one can be saved and spend their life living as a lost person isn't biblical.

Those who die without Christ are not at rest or peace.

Have you spoken to him about this? Do you know him personally, or just waht tabloids report about him?

Salvation is not for us to judge, but God. We can have no idea about a person that we do not know execpt through media representations about them.

• Members

How do you know he is in hell or not? Isn't up to the person and God in that matter? This poor guy was very ill and had health problems. He couldn't help how he became. Tonight on the news they keep on saying we need to remember his good times not the negatives. Why is everyone that dies that is a celebrity you think they went to Hell?

I gave him the benefit of doubt, "most likely," would be representative of what his life did to children. Is it OK to wonder if he has a "millstone were hanged about his neck" Mt. 18:6? Do you believe he was a Christian? What evidence do you have?

• Members
This is ludicrous. You have no way of knowing whether or not he is in heaven or hell. My uncle died last year. Did you ever hear him make a public profession of faith? I assume you did not. Does that mean he's in hell, just because YOU didn't hear it.

Sir,
Your uncle was not Michael Jackson. He lived a wicked life.

According to his fruits, I have no reason to think he was a believer.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Sir,
Your uncle was not Michael Jackson. He lived a wicked life.

According to his fruits, I have no reason to think he was a believer.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

I'm not sure how you can know he lived a wicked life, as in less than 1% of his life is what we see in the media, and even that, I don't see solid evidnece that he lived overtly wicked.

It is easy to point fingers, especially when you don't know someone. You cannot know someone from a portrayal in the media. The media could probably look at my life, and show one small thing I have done, take it out of context, and make me look pretty wicked, and could probably do the same for us all.

I'm just saying we cannot judge someones salvation or lack thereof, especially when we do not know that person.

• Administrators

I'm not sure how you can know he lived a wicked life, as in less than 1% of his life is what we see in the media, and even that, I don't see solid evidnece that he lived overtly wicked.

It is easy to point fingers, especially when you don't know someone. You cannot know someone from a portrayal in the media. The media could probably look at my life, and show one small thing I have done, take it out of context, and make me look pretty wicked, and could probably do the same for us all.

I'm just saying we cannot judge someones salvation or lack thereof, especially when we do not know that person.

But, kind - he did spend a couple million to silence the boy and his family about the boy's time at Neverland...spending that kind of money would indicate guilt. Guilt of a heinous act that is wicked.

Yes, the media could spin anything. Like right now how they are spinning how wonderful MJ was - I've even heard some of them say it doesn't matter WHAT he did, he gave so much to the entertainment industry. Right. Tell that to the kids he damaged.

• Members

But, kind - he did spend a couple million to silence the boy and his family about the boy's time at Neverland...spending that kind of money would indicate guilt. Guilt of a heinous act that is wicked.

Yes, the media could spin anything. Like right now how they are spinning how wonderful MJ was - I've even heard some of them say it doesn't matter WHAT he did, he gave so much to the entertainment industry. Right. Tell that to the kids he damaged.

Not necesearily. I'm a lawyer and see people spend an absurd amount of money to settle a case that they are not guilty in. If people can afford it, many times, settling for a large sum is better than being dragged through a very public trial.

He was acquitted on all 14 counts of the crime against children. Crimes against children are terrible, terrible things, and people are quick to convict one guilty of those crimes. People are not tolerant of that behavior.

I think he made a huge mistake settling the first case because it openned him up to further allegations.

Yes, he was foolish in spending time with the children, but I think it was totally innocent. Jackson was very childlike in his behavior. I think he had mental problems stemming from his childhood, and as a result, was like a child as an adult. He was bizzarre, like a child, and very odd, but that does not make him a child molester. If he were, I am convinced he would have been convicted at the trial.

I may go back to study his case, but I recall the accuser's family had sued a store they shoplifted from to try to extort money from the store, and every witness had contradicting stories and were very uncredible, some having admitted to having lied under oath before.

• Administrators

Not necesearily. I'm a lawyer and see people spend an absurd amount of money to settle a case that they are not guilty in. If people can afford it, many times, settling for a large sum is better than being dragged through a very public trial.

He was acquitted on all 14 counts of the crime against children. Crimes against children are terrible, terrible things, and people are quick to convict one guilty of those crimes. People are not tolerant of that behavior.

I think he made a huge mistake settling the first case because it openned him up to further allegations.

Yes, he was foolish in spending time with the children, but I think it was totally innocent. Jackson was very childlike in his behavior. I think he had mental problems stemming from his childhood, and as a result, was like a child as an adult. He was bizzarre, like a child, and very odd, but that does not make him a child molester. If he were, I am convinced he would have been convicted at the trial.

I may go back to study his case, but I recall the accuser's family had sued a store they shoplifted from to try to extort money from the store, and every witness had contradicting stories and were very uncredible, some having admitted to having lied under oath before.

Well, I bow to your legal knowledge - but I have to say that I have my doubts about his innocence. What do you think about this site?
http://www.statementanalysis.com/jackson/