• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'Charlie's Angel' Farrah Fawcett dies at 62

• Members

Scripture tells us how to examine ourselves to see if we are saved and how we are to examine others to determine if they are of like faith or not.

If we are saved the evidence will be clear. Farrah's close friends have spoken intimately about her and there is no indication she came to Christ. From her own words and actions there is no indication she came to Christ.

(Good postings LuAnne!)

• Administrators

I have never heard him say anything like that (not saying that he hasn't, just that it's news to me). I don't do tracts. I don't accpet them nor do I hand them out. If I found one that I found effective, honest and tasteful, I might change my mind. Most of them that I have seen are either wholly inaccurate or leave the reader with a simplistic view of God and salvation which is niether complete or effective. If they lead someone to salvation, that's great. But I'm not going to take the chance that I have lead to someone having a false sense of security when their salvation is on the line.

I can understand why you don't care for tracts - the greater majority of them aren't Biblical - no repentance and as you said very simplistic and uneffective. Our church has written a couple of very good ones, and I know a couple of men who've written others. Tracts can be effective if they are well written.

• Members
I don't do tracts. I don't accpet them nor do I hand them out. If I found one that I found effective, honest and tasteful, I might change my mind. Most of them that I have seen are either wholly inaccurate or leave the reader with a simplistic view of God and salvation which is niether complete or effective. If they lead someone to salvation, that's great. But I'm not going to take the chance that I have lead to someone having a false sense of security when their salvation is on the line.

Hmm, that's interesting, sir. I know of a good deal of great tracts.

As to Farrah Fawcett...I doubt she was a Christian. I must admit I probably have more hope for her than Michael Jackson, though.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Hmm, that's interesting, sir. I know of a good deal of great tracts.

As to Farrah Fawcett...I doubt she was a Christian. I must admit I probably have more hope for her than Michael Jackson, though.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Well I don't. I said If I saw one which is very different from the ones I have seen, I might change my mind.

• Members

Well, pt, what we do that others see does indeed tell them a lot about us. You are too young to remember Farrah's red swimming suit picture (unless you read about it). It was 1976, and she chose the one she wanted made into a poster...and it was not in any way, shape or form modest. I know we've had discussions as to bathing suit appropriateness, and we don't see eye to eye. This is not even about that. It is about private body parts that she allowed to show - on the picture she chose. That isn't media representation. That was Farrah. She was "sexy" and she knew it - and she played it to the hilt.

You know, you are right that Christians are supposed to show love, faith and charity. And we sometimes fail. But, really, pt - if Hope were a Christian, why in the world would he be offended that someone wanted to give him a tract? If it were me, I'd let them know I was a Christian, and thank them for taking the time to talk to me - and encourage them to continue sharing the gospel!!! Hope made it clear in many of his stand-up routines that he hated God - I knew some people who got up and walked out of a show because of what he was saying...and he mocked them all the way out the door. No, I don't believe he was saved. And I'm basing that on words out his own vile mouth.

I hate to say this LuAnne, some people on here do not rightly know how to divide the Holy Scriptures, if they did, they would know how to look over someone's fruit, sad to say all of Farrah's fruit is corrupt, she lived a sinned filled life.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

A person believing God can heal them does not equal saving faith, saving faith only comes by repenting and accepting Jesus as ones Savior, of course when that happens the person become a new creature and turns from sin.

But that said, it would be possible that in her latter days she may have had a change of heart. But I'm kind of like a pastor friend, he stated something like this, "I really believe there be only a few death bed confessions where people are actually saved."

And to think, those who have lived a sin filled life and are saved in their very last days, look at how worthless their life has been to God.