• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

LDC Monitor ??

• Members

Here sometime back my 20 inch LDC Monitor went out, so I reverted back to my old one which is quite a bit smaller.

I'm not sure, but I think mine was close to 2 years old. How has y'alls experience been with the life of LDC Monitors.

I found one on Best Buy that seems like a pretty good one,
Samsung - 23" Widescreen, last time I bought a cheap one at Walmarts, I'd like to get one that's a bit better this time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9163745&type=product&id=1218051734506

But I've got to get a set of tires 1st or I will have to wrap duct tape around my tires on my old S-10 Blazer. Wonder what kind of wear I would get out of duct tape? Would people think I was a red-neck? Do you suppose if I did not buy the tires but wrapped them in duct tape that they would last until I could get enough money together to buy new tires? :s

I once made 2 trips in an 18 wheeler from here to California and back with a heater hose that I repaired using duct tape late one night half way between Needles and Blythe, California and that was during the summer months too. Did not have to add a drop of water!

• Members

My 15'' LCD from Dell had the backlight go out recently. I had it for about 5 years. We bought a 19'' Acer for $89.99 from CircuitCity.com. It is new (not refurbished) and came with a 3 year warranty which even covers the backlight.

You can get that Samsung a little cheaper after rebate with free shipping at BHPhotoVideo.com, if you don't mind ordering online rather than going into Best Buy. It looks like that Samsung comes with just a 1 year warranty. You can get a 3 yr warranty from B&H for $35.00.

Before I had had LCD's, I never bought an extended warranty, but after having my laptop screen, monitor, and 2 digital camera screens go out within the past year, I'm willing to do it.

• Members

I really like to buy such things in the store. However I did buy this computer straight from Compaq, buying direct from the company seems a bit safer to me.

I've also read many post made by people who recommend you view your LCD Monitor before you buy. Seems some people have not been to happy with them buying sight unseen.

I've never bought an extended warranty, recently I've read several articles on this subject, they all seem to say its wasted money.