• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

mainstays

This or That

[quote]
Bacon and eggs for breakfast or sausage and eggs?
[/quote]

You know what?? I think that I will just have them all. :lol: :lol: :lol: YUMMMMY, let me at 'em. :mrgreen:

We must be true Baptists, because so much of our conversation ends up going towards food and fellowship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now then, with your eggs:::

Would you like,

Orange juice, or Grapefruit juice, or grape juice, or apricot nectar <--- :D :D , or pear nectar, or apple juice, or something blended to your own preference???

Do my own landscaping, but I want to talk to a professional to get as many ideas as possible.

For your landscape, do you prefer:::

Ornamental flowering types to accent the spring of the year

--or--

Trees and shrubs with beautiful foliage in the fall to accentuate that time of year.
--or--

Both

Perennial flowers

I just put in some more roses and I love daffodils, tulips, gardenias, azaleas and all the flowers that come back year after year.

Vegetables

Grow your own or buy them in a store ?

[quote]
Grow your own or buy them in a store ?
[/quote]

We used to grow all of our own at home growing up, and my wife and I did the first several years of our marriage. We even had 31 fruit trees for our own fruit, which we canned. (Apples: seven varieties, Peaches: nine varieties, Apricots: three varieties, Plums: three varieties, and Cherries, and Nectarines, and lotsa good stuff. :D ) Now, our kids are grown and we just don't need that much anymore.

Would you prefer to live deep in the woods (<-- :D )away from the hustle and bustle of civilization

--or--

In a development with lotsa neighbors everywhere you turn.

Raw!!! :D (cooked carrots just won't get past my taste buds. :D )

Onions:::

Raw, in recipes (e.g. egg salad or any other kind of salad :D )

--or--

Cooked in recipes (e.g. meatloaf and other meat dishes)

--or--

Both<--- :mrgreen:

Not interested::: Watching sports programs (all) puts me to sleep. It's like watching paint dry, or watching grass grow. :mrgreen:

Hiking in the beautiful pristine mountains :mrgreen: .

--or--

Strolling a wild, lonely, uninhabited beach, far away from civilization :mrgreen: .

[quote]
Sound of a waterfall or bubbling brook?
[/quote]

I enjoy them both. The bubbling brook is more peaceful, but the waterfall is wonderfully powerful and loaded with potential to do things which just fills my head with ideas. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

While strolling/hiking:::

Carry your lunch in a backpack

--or--

Live off the land/water, and just take your chances with what you can find. :mrgreen:

[quote]
[b]Eavestroughs[/b] on your home or not?
[/quote]

Hmmmm, never heard of eavestroughs. Are they anything like rain gutters (aka spouting)?? We have those, which are connected to down-spouts.

[quote="LIGHTGAFFER"]
[quote][b]Eavestroughs[/b] on your home or not?
[/quote]

Hmmmm, never heard of eavestroughs. Are they anything like rain gutters (aka spouting)?? We have those, which are connected to down-spouts.[/quote]

Yes, they are exactly what you have described.... :D . Here where we live, they are called eavestroughs.....hmmmmm....now I am wondering....has anyone else heard of eavestroughs?

Hehehehhehe, if we didn't have those rain gutters on the eaves, and down-spouts to carry the storm-water away, we would have [b]water in the basement like there ain't no tomorra[/b]. :mrgreen:

Your house placement, would you rather be

High up on a hill, and at least 200 to 300 feet from the road, :mrgreen:

--or--

Way down in the valley, and not too far from the road :( (maybe to make plowing the drivewqay not too hard)

I really like a jet-powered "chopper". I rode one of those in Korea while traveling with the Base Commander (Brigadier General) and helping with his presentations. It had twin jet engines directly under the main rotor with the rotor shaft "sandwiched" between those twin jets. It could fly anywhere and land anywhere like an ordinary chopper, but also could attain forward speeds in excess of 200 knots.

Hiking and strolling:::

Would you like to go in the spring or fall?