• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

mainstays

This or That

Multi-car garage, and workshop off to the side along one wall and an art studio upstairs. :mrgreen:

Detached garage/workshop with a covered walkway

---Or---

Two ugly ol' garage doors smacked right on the front of your home. Ack! :frog

WR

[quote]
... painted steel garage doors?
[/quote]

Yup, painted steel (sheet metal, formed, pressed and embossed to look like real wood), and with an elastomeric polymer fill for insulation, air-cushioned gasket on the bottom, tight seals around the top, sides and joints, and a high-quality installation. :D :D We just got this as a replacement for our old door, and we saved [b][i]a bundle on heating fuel this past winter.[/i][/b] As a matter of fact the savings in heat actually more than paid for the door. :D

Windows in your garage door :frog

-- or--

No windows at all in the door :D .

[quote]
Drain hole in the floor of your garage or not?
[/quote]

We call that a French drain, and no, I don't want one. Instead, try this. Give the concrete floor a gentle slope (about a sixteenth of an inch per foot) towards the door, and the water that comes into your garage will drain out.

Heated garage or not?

[quote]
Windows in your garage, or not
[/quote]

I don't do windows [in my garage]. :lol:

(Hehe, when I first read this I thought this question had already been asked. I had to scroll up and realize it was asked only about the garage [i][b]door[/b][/i]. :D )

Water heater: Gas or electric?

[quote]
....I have heard of people making crabapple jelly with the tiny crabapples from them.
[/quote]

They make excellent apple jelly, but even better spiced and pickled apples. Now that is a confection that is just out of this world. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue spruce for landscaping, but white pine for the forest or wood-lot.

Would you like to have a completely forested woodlot,

--or--

would it be too much burden.

A completely forested woodlot....we have farm property and it borders along the creek. There are several trees growing in this area.....not a forested woodlot, but the next best.... :D The wildlife here is wonderful to watch!!

Wild rabbit for dinner or tame rabbit?

Wild rabbit, by all means. I just love that wild gamey taste.

If you like wild rabbit, then you'll really like Ground-hog, aka whistle-pig, aka marmot. It tastes just like rabbit, just a whole lot more of it. (It has to be soaked in strong salt-brine solution for twice the length of time as a rabbit though. 48 hours instead of 24. Change the brine solution at the 24 hour point). Comparing rabbit to groundhog is like comparing a chicken to a turkey.

Wild Turkey, roasted

--or--

Domesticated turkey, roasted

[quote]
Wild Turkey, roasted ....as a matter of fact my son went hunting last week and brought a nice big one home....23 pounds 14 ounces....so we will be having roasted wild turkey, very soon....
[/quote]

YOWZA!!! I hate to be a self-invite, but I'm comin' right over. :lol: :lol: Tell you what, I'll bring the dried corn pudding, baked corn, and corn pie. :D :mrgreen:

With your turkey dinner:::

Pumpkin pie (for me, not enough flavor)

--or--

Butternut squash pie (wonderful "nutty" flavor)

Homemade crust with a little whole wheat and spelt flour; i.e. no white flour at all. It is sooooooooo good, and healthy too. :D

With your turkey dinner:::

Brussels sprouts ( :D )

--or--

Broccoli (also :D )

--or--

Both ( :D )

[quote]
White meat from the turkey or dark meat from the turkey?
[/quote]

By all means the thighs and drumsticks (dark meat). It is so moist, flavorful and tasty. YUMMMMY :D :D

Do you put stuffing inside the bird's cavity or no?

[quote]
syrup or just butter on your pancakes?
[/quote]

Simply drrrrrrrrrripping with syrup, i.e. thoroughly drrrrrrrrrrrrrrenched in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your pancakes:::

Flat-as-a-pancake ( i.e. thin as a silver dollar),

--or--

Lotsa blueberries in, and buttermilk and baking powder in the recipe to make them fluffy and rise to about 3/4 of an inch high. :D