• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

milk coffee or tea?

Cookies..... :D shrimp or lobster?

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

[quote]
Day shift, definitely -- I can't speak for anybody else, but God didn't design me to be a "nocturnal" creature.
[/quote]

Amen to that, Michelle. :)

For most people, second shift requires more sleep than first shift, and third shift requires even more sleep than second shift. When I was young, I really liked the second shift routine (4:00 P.M. to midnight) because it would double my available work time. But the older I get the less am I able to roll two days into one.

[quote]
Work outside

or

inside?
[/quote]

I prefer working from a base of operations that consists of an indoor heated office but gets me outside to clients, vendors, and the weather sometimes.

Work independently as owner of your own company

--or--

Work for someone else and rely on the hopeful stability of that company.

[b][i]Non[/i][/b]-union -- don't mean to start a debate, but nobody [i]deserves[/i] a certain salary. :D Besides, union bureaucrats have been known to use union dues to support political interests that not all of their members support.

But this is the Fun & Games board, not a debate board, so... :D

Minivan

or

SUV?

[quote]
Non-union -- don't mean to start a debate, but nobody deserves a certain salary. Besides, union bureaucrats have been known to use union dues to support political interests that not all of their members support.

But this is the Fun & Games board, not a debate board, so...
[/quote]

[b][i]WHOOOOOOOOOA, there. Debate board or not[/i][/b], I can't let that go that quickly. What an excellent point Michelle. :mrgreen:

My premise for non-union status (an I'm a part-owner of a multi-million dollar business) is simply that I should [b][i]not have to be forced[/i][/b] into giving my people [b][i]what they need[/i][/b], and [b][i]what I should want to give them [/i][/b]of my own free will.

Now then, I'll take a really nice mini-van for my wife and my pleasure driving, but give me a great big ol' chevy (K1500 series Silverado Z71, w/ off-road package) pick up truck for my-own-self. :mrgreen:

Two wheel drive

--or--

Four wheel drive

Hehehehehehe :D :D

I'll have the coke, diet, and caffeine free. (I have my own "keep-awake potions". Would you believe it, an apple has twice the staying power to keep you alert than the caffeine in a cup of coffee?)

Regular iced tea (i.e orange pekoe)

--or--

Iced herb tea (e.g. spearmint, peppermint, chamomile

[quote]
High rise apartment or duplex?
[/quote]

I'll take the duplex, long low and spread out. One half of it will be residence for my wife and me, and the other half will be my laboratory where I invent things. :mrgreen: I want it way out in the country, and deep in the woods. :lol: :lol: :lol: There would be a continuous hedge of Rosa Rugosa all the way around the lot of 20 acres.

[quote]
..but ummm....you didn't leave a choice.... ..your mind must have been working overtime with your plans....
[/quote]

Uh oh, guilty as charged. :mrgreen:

Complete privacy at your residence (e.g. deep in the country, with no-one around but the birds and animals :D )

--or--

Neighbors close by. (e.g. a housing development. Still in the country, but lotsa neighbors. :( )

[quote]
Big, flock-guardin', stranger scarin', wolf-killin' dog for your farm
[/quote]

Hehehehhehehehehehe, I love those big "friendly to me", but "ferocious to evil-doers", dogs. I'll have two nice big collies. A male and a female. :D

To guard your place::::

A watchdog,

--or--

An electronic surveillance system