• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This or That

mainstays

• Members

Slipping and sliding on ice-covered roads -- if you go slowly enough, you'll be allright (and at least you won't drown :D ). Just remember, foot [i][b]off[/b][/i] the brake and turn the wheel in the direction of the skid! :D

As long as we seem to be on a disaster theme here...

Earthquakes or hurricanes -- which scares you the most?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grasshoppers, especially if they're french-fried. Tastes like chicken. :D :mrgreen: :lol:

Which delicacy do you prefer?

Chocolate covered ants

---OR---

Raw puffer fish (aka sushi. This particualr fish is poisonous, but I'm told that it is still served in some restaurants)

• Members

closet-clean-out

Back to that disaster theme. If you had to pick:::

Would you rather avoid a,

Tsunami (they can inundate coastal cities as far inland as 20 to 30 miles, with wave-heights as high as 100 feet or more before dissipating.)

---OR--

Tornado ( We all know what they can do.)

• Members

Eeeeks...I guess a tornado and hope that the path was in a clearing somewhere.... :(

Ok now say you were alone in the wilderness and there were hungry lions roaming about.

Would you prefer to hide in a hole in a tree, that you couldn't completely fit in or enter a cave that could also be inhabited with other animals to hide in?

• Members

[quote]
Would you prefer to hide in a hole in a tree, that you couldn't completely fit in or enter a cave that could also be inhabited with other animals to hide in?
[/quote]

The hole in the tree, and hopefully it was high up in the tree, and I could learn to swing thru the trees like Tarzan did. :D :)

[quote]
ok cleaning out closets

or

cleaning out cabinets
[/quote]

The closet.

Would you rather avoid::

Really deadly poisonous snakes (a mixed bag of spitting cobras, black mambas, copperheads, diamond back rattlesnakes, and cotton mouth water moccasins).

--OR--

Just barely pull thru a nasty bout of food poisoning from some deadly nightshade (aka bella donna) that somehow got mixed into your salad greens.

• Members

Getting bit by one or more of the following I doubt one would pull through so I guess I would avoid the......

Really deadly poisonous snakes (a mixed bag of spitting cobras, black mambas, copperheads, diamond back rattlesnakes, and cotton mouth water moccasins).

...although I believe I would like to avoid food poisoning too.... :wink:

Say you were out on the lake in a boat, and your motor broke down and a storm is approaching ....

Would you prefer to have a cell phone to call for help and hopefully someone finds where you are located or an electric trolling motor that may have enough battery life to bring you in.

• Members

[quote]
Say you were out on the lake in a boat, and your motor broke down and a storm is approaching ....

Would you prefer to have a cell phone to call for help and hopefully someone finds where you are located or an electric trolling motor that may have enough battery life to bring you in.
[/quote]

Gimme that trolling motor anyday. :) :D

[quote]
Ok cleaning out the car

or cleaning out the fridge
[/quote]

I'll clean out the fridge:: I might find something good to eat. YUMMY :) :D :lol: :mrgreen: :frog

Cleaning out the garage,

--OR--

Cleaning out the barn.

Archived