• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This or That

mainstays

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[quote]
When working up the soil do you use a gas rototiller or by hand using a shovel?
[/quote]

Our flower beds have perennials mixed in where I want to plant annuals, so I just use a four-prong scratcher on a long handle. It looks like a garden rake with only four prongs.

When you plant your flowers, do you use:::

...a chemical root stimulator?

--or--

...just organic compost and let nature work?

• Members

We just keep putting on more natural compost, as the old stuff keeps decaying into the soil.

Do you keep a compost pile for table scraps, crop residues, weeds from the weeding sessions, leaves, etc.

--or--

just throw those things in your woods to feed the little fellas that live there. :wink:

[i]
(((((One more post, and I hit the 4,000 marker. Hehehehhehehehehe)))))[/i]

• Members

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, do I ever enjoy farm fresh eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get great big (JUMBO) brown eggs at a local [i]one-horse[/i] farmer's market and they are almost as fresh as gathering them myself.

We used to have fruit trees (31) and [b]had[/b] ([i]past tense[/i] :wink: ) fruit like there wasn't even no tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you prefer fresh tree-ripe fruit (peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, apples, and pears)

--or--

Are you satisfied with the best store boughten stuff.

• Members

Oh by all means baked in a pie, a cobbler, and/or sour cherry preserves (for tart pie cherries), and cherry pudding, cherry conserve, cherry jam, and cherries jubilee for big black sweet cherries. :D :mrgreen:

For peaches, plums and apricots:::

Do you prefer them fresh and as ripe as possible

--or--

Baked into wonderful and tasty desserts.

• Members

I like them both, side by side. In fact they are so good, I could make a whole meal just with those two salads. :mrgreen: :D

When you are making/preparing dinner, and you are choosing the carbohydrates. Do you prefer:::

Fresh corn on the cob

--or--

Succotash (lima beans and corn)

--or--

Potatoes

--or--

A baked bean casserole with four different bean varieties, ground beef, bacon, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, etc. in a huge roasting pan and simmered in the oven for several hours. (((YUMMMMMMMMY :mrgreen: )))

--or--

A pasta casserole

--or--

A pasta salad

--or--

YOWZA!!!! Are we hungry yet???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Members

Now it just so happens that I really and truly like taters just about any way you make 'em. Howsomever, whole potatoes wrapped in tinfoil, and placed on the rack beside a humongous pot roast (((roasting at 275 for about 4-1/2 hours))) in the oven at the same time cannot be beat.

Now that we have baked potatoes, corn on the cob, pasta salad, and a nice big top round roasting in the oven, we have to plan dessert. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Would you like::::::::::::::::::

Warm Peach Upside Down Cake, with ice cream

--or--

Cherries Jubilee

--or--

Warm Blueberry Cobbler, with ice cream

--or--

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with the following sauces and toppings:::

***Chocolate Raspberry Truffle topping
***Sliced and honeyed peaches
***Chopped, seedless blackberries simmered into a sauce with honey added
***Chocolate hot fudge sauce
***Strawberry sauce/topping

--or--

Warm Cherry Pudding, with ice cream

--or--

Warm Peach Pie, with ice cream

--or--

An assortment of all of the above. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are y'all comin'??? Dinner's about to be served.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Members

I'm ready for dinner!! :mrgreen:

For dessert I'm craving something chocolate, so if I may, I would like the homemade vanilla ice cream with chocolate hot fudge sauce, please...... :clap:

Now for a beverage to go with dinner, would you like....

Hot tea

or

Coffee

or

Coca Cola

or

Lemonade

or

Juice

or

Fruit Punch

or

Milk

• Members

I'll have lemonade, please. :mrgreen:

HMMMMMMMMMMM, should we have another green or light veggie (non-starch) with our dinner. Have to have those vitamins, you know. :wink: Okey Dokey, we'll have another.

Would you all like::::::::::::

[b]Tossed salad[/b]

--or--

[b]Applesauce[/b]

--or--

[b]Fresh Dandelion greens [/b]with hot sweet-sour bacon dressing [i](((it's made with vinegar, sugar and bacon that's been fried crisp and crumbled )))[/i]and diced hard-boiled eggs.

--or--

[b]Fresh spinach [/b]with the dressing described above.

--or--

[b]Fresh Caesar Salad[/b]

--or--

[b]Stewed Summer Squash[/b]

--or--

Just picked from the garden [b]Sugar Peas [/b]and lightly steamed till are bright green.

--or--

[b]Sliced Tomatoes, and Red and Yellow Bell Peppers[/b]

--or--

A sampling of all of the above. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You know what??? [b] Kings and Queens and Pharoahs of ancient Egypt didn't eat this good[/b]. :wink: :D

Let's invite everybody from OLB, b/c I've prepared enough for an entire army. :D :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

We can set up in my back yard, where I have oodles of room under those huge White Ash trees providing ample shade.

Archived