• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

All about Friendships...

• Members

I believe that having friends and being in a relationship called Friendship is God's gift to us. I just wanna know your thoughts about friendship. How important it is in your life? Can you mention one or more special person whom you can called your dearest friend right now? How do you cultivate this kind of relationship? Can you give practical advises about friendship? I just want to know your thoughts, I have lots of friends but only very few whom I can feel affection with. I also have second thoughts on pursuing another friendship with a new person because sometimes my efforts are being ignored and rejected...please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Jenjen

• Members
I believe that having friends and being in a relationship called Friendship is God's gift to us. I just wanna know your thoughts about friendship. How important it is in your life? Can you mention one or more special person whom you can called your dearest friend right now? How do you cultivate this kind of relationship? Can you give practical advises about friendship? I just want to know your thoughts, I have lots of friends but only very few whom I can feel affection with. I also have second thoughts on pursuing another friendship with a new person because sometimes my efforts are being ignored and rejected...please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Jenjen

Hmmm. I think friendship depends VERY much on your personality. I find I rarely have more than one super close friend at one time...then, I have maybe a handful of pretty good friends (can go shopping with, etc), and then the rest acquaintences. I, too, often think people "don't want to be friends with me" but I think it has to do with my personality and how I come across to them...also sometimes I think I hyperanalyze someone and thus convince myself they don't want to be my friend, when in actuality I have just misread their personality. God says that he who has friends must show himself friendly so I guess the friendlier we are, the more friends we'll have! My personality isn't as open and friendly as some, so I have to work on that.

As far as having a best friend...I have found that the people I *try* to be close with...well it doesn't usually work. Looking back over my life, my dearest friends have been those I started out being friendly with, and then found our personalities "clicked" without really mentally TRYING to be close. I have tried to get close with people and it doesn't work...but those who were my best friends in the past, we simply got close because it happened.

I don't know if that answers your questions or anything but....hey.

• Members

Hmmm. I think friendship depends VERY much on your personality. I find I rarely have more than one super close friend at one time...then, I have maybe a handful of pretty good friends (can go shopping with, etc), and then the rest acquaintences. I, too, often think people "don't want to be friends with me" but I think it has to do with my personality and how I come across to them...also sometimes I think I hyperanalyze someone and thus convince myself they don't want to be my friend, when in actuality I have just misread their personality. God says that he who has friends must show himself friendly so I guess the friendlier we are, the more friends we'll have! My personality isn't as open and friendly as some, so I have to work on that.

As far as having a best friend...I have found that the people I *try* to be close with...well it doesn't usually work. Looking back over my life, my dearest friends have been those I started out being friendly with, and then found our personalities "clicked" without really mentally TRYING to be close. I have tried to get close with people and it doesn't work...but those who were my best friends in the past, we simply got close because it happened.

I don't know if that answers your questions or anything but....hey.

:goodpost:

Like you Suzy, I tend to only have one really close or "best friend" at a time, with a few good friends and everyone else being acquaintences.

I agree that best friends is something that happens on it's own, not something we can force. We should be friendly with all people, as much as possible, and if a friendship develops that's good and if that friendship ever grows into a close friendship that's a real blessing.

• 4 months later...